MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer of consumer electronics and personal care appliances in search of a Senior Product Manager to join their fast-growing product team in Sterling, IL (Partial Remote – 3 days in office/2 home option). This global organization has been around for over 100 years and is fast-moving, privately held, and operated.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will lead Product Management for an area of consumer device products. You will help create the product strategy and the long-term product and feature roadmap for the entire product category. You will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. You will be involved in all phases of product development from ideation to partnering with engineering and design to build great products. This is your chance to be a part of a top-notch product team working on first of its kind high-quality products. The role requires strong team collaboration skills as well as a strong self-starter/ entrepreneurial work ethic. Have a deep understanding of technology trends as well as their customers, competitors, suppliers, substitutes, and new entrants. Act both strategically and tactically to achieve the goals set for those product lines.
- Responsible for the pet grooming business and strategy for the North America Consumer Division to ensure a deep understanding of the consumer.
- Develop deep market understanding through engagement with customers and industry thought leaders.
- Evangelize product direction and benefits to external audiences, including customers and future customers.
- Accelerate go-to-market strategy and effectiveness.
- Make strategic choices on the product and commercial innovations.
- Develop and manage product line business plans
- Create a business case to support the growth strategy.
- Develop strategic assessments for products.
- Apply consumer insights and market research to gain an understanding of consumer, customer, and competitive environment.
- Determine new market opportunities/opportunities for growth.
- Manages the product life cycle management from NPD through obsolescence.
- Leads product development and leads a cross-functional team to ensure the timely introduction of high-quality products.
- Has a deep understanding of the Consumer through various forms of research, such as ethnographic/psychographic research, online surveys, observational research, interviews, focus groups, product testing groups, etc. Must understand how to conduct the research, analyze results, and create actionable outcomes.
- Understands the market beyond the consumer both retail customers and competitors to better position products to achieve success in the environment in which they are sold.
- Works proficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer, and team-oriented work environment. Meets aggressive deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 3 – 7 years of experience in product development or Product Management in the consumer products industry (consumer electronics or small appliances experience preferred)
- Minimum 2+ year of experience managing product roadmaps and implementing scaled processes
- Minimum 2+ year of experience in product positioning development
- Strong research capabilities and able to analyze POS data (Nielson, IRI, and NPD)
- Microsoft office skills with a strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to influence
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.