MarketPro, a marketing executive search firm, is looking for a customer-centric Senior Director of Product Marketing to join the market leader in real-time, mass notification and collaboration solutions to help fuel global growth. Their solutions are used by the world’s largest brands and thousands of government agencies to deliver critical information in any situation.
As Senior Director of Product Marketing, you will build and lead a team responsible for engaging with both customers and the market to develop and tell stories about the products and solutions that drive awareness and demand. This is a “player-coach” role, requiring the individual to have the personal capabilities to perform the tasks expected of their team and to contribute meaningfully to the Product Marketing role during team formation, mentoring and ongoing scaling to meet the volume demands of the company. Reports to CMO.
• Lead the Product Marketing team, establishing priorities and focus areas
• Serve as a hands-on “player-coach”, capable of performing the tasks defined for the team and functioning as an individual contributor for key work products as required
• Establish product marketing frameworks and processes
• Work with Product Management, Sales, and other teams to ensure effective messaging, launch and sales enablement
• Work with leadership across the organization to establish cross-team processes and hand-offs
• Map out the potential buying process for the company’s products, including key roles that will participate in the buying cycle
• Develop buyer personas for key identified roles
• Build positioning and messaging for all products and solutions, horizontally and vertically
• Build relevant content for buyer roles to consume in a variety of formats, including white papers, brochures, social media, Web pages, online events and more
• Collaborate with Product Management and Sales to build and deliver on a well-defined sales enablement plan
• Lead or assist in the creation of enablement content for direct and indirect sales resources (e.g. playbooks, battle cards, scripts, presentations, training modules, and demos)
• Drive the product naming process to ensure consistent product branding
• Manage launch planning and orchestrate the execution of the commercial release of a product, including campaign strategy and/or alignment to existing solution campaign structure
• Establish processes for and conduct win/loss interviews and perform ongoing analysis
• Manage analyst activities and relationships, including the submission of analyst responses. engagement in analyst interviews, or mining of relevant analyst data in support of strategic initiatives
• Continuously monitor industry insights across analyst and news publications and leverage to inform thought leadership content creation and PR efforts.
• Work in conjunction with Product Management to complete customer and market research that drives strategic analysis and decision-making including pricing, geographic expansion, vertical focus, solution packaging, competitive intelligence and the associated messaging for each initiative
• Establish and communicate metrics for the success of the team
• Other marketing areas or team duties as assigned in support of strategic, customer, product, and sales goals.
• A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field/equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience working in B2B technology, SaaS, or other high-technology company experience.
• 10+ years of product marketing experience; direct product management, sales enablement, and customer engagement experience a must.
• Proven leader with the ability to: easily synthesize information, motivate and empower others, clearly set goals and strategies, and drive results with a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to build rapport to influence and deepen relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Strong and disciplined project management and process improvement capabilities
• Other soft skills: Focused on positive morale, self-starter, problem solver, detail-oriented, organized, ability to multi-task and effectively manage time, excellent verbal and written communication skills, confident and comfortable with presenting.
• 2+ years managing a global or multi-region team.
• Experience with Pragmatic Marketing or SiriusDecisions Portfolio Marketing
• Prior sales experience strongly desired.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.