MarketPro has partnered with a top consumer brand manufacture in Chicago, IL in search of a Sr. Mgr Consumer Experience. Our client is an innovator and industry leader best known for delivering premium outdoor living products to households across the US. This organization is focused on expanding their reach, impact, and quality of customer engagement. This role will gain a first-hand understanding of how customers engage with the brand across all touch points and draw conclusions to continually evolve, improve, and optimize customer experience.
The Sr. Mgr Consumer Experience, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, oversees the development and execution of the Customer Experience Strategy. You will be the go-to for understanding the consumer journey and how it varies across multiple persona types. You love talking to people to understand their thought process behind the actions they take at each step of their buying journey, and then translate those insights into connect common themes that can be used across all consumer facing touchpoints. This position is a mix of highly analytical data mining with an award-winning personality that can get any consumer to open up and provide feedback. You will help shape the Consumer Strategy that will be used to create the next phase of a breakthrough brand. In an industry with a complex buying process, your role will be key in understanding the importance of the homeowner voice and having empathy for the them across all interactions.
This is not a strategy only role. It is a strategy and execution role.
Consumer Marketing Strategy
- Create, lead and execute a consumer strategy, taking the company from a B2B to be to a B2C company.
- Develop a consumer playbook and educate the organization around the needs, behavior and buying journeys of our consumer audiences.
- Identify and create KPIs to measure success of efforts targeted to the Homeowner. KPIs should focus on conversion and improved consumer experience/satisfaction across all channels and touchpoints.
- Cross-functional interaction and collaboration with marketing, channel, digital, sales, legal and senior management.
- Understand and gather data around the consumer audience; the needs, motivations and pain points they experience along their buying journeys and translate that information into developing exciting and engaging plans that deliver on our brand promise
- Conduct market research and align customer feedback to frameworks such as “Jobs to Be Done” or the Value Proposition Canvas.
- Collect consumer experience data through tools such as Qualtrics, Lucid, or Forsee to garner actionable insights that the Digital, Product, and Marketing teams can execute on
- Use quantitative data from sources such as Google Analytics, Net Promoter Score, Principia Data, paired with primary research such as surveys and interviews to recommend a solid course of action for our brand
Voice of the Consumer
- Represent the homeowner point of view and have empathy for the them across all touchpoints- website, nurture, advertising, call center, showrooms etc.
- Work closely with the B2B team to ensure end consumer experience is optimized at each step in the journey
- Provide direction and guidance in the development of integrated marketing plans through advertising, website, content marketing, call center, PR and social media to ensure the attainment of business unit objectives and elevation of the brand based on the data you uncover
- Ensure all content published to consumers is accurate for the personas defined and is focused around solving consumer problems
Consumer Nurture Strategy
- Use research and insights to build customer journey maps for each of the defined personas
- Own the homeowner nurture strategy and optimize based on newly defined customer journeys backed by research
- Ensure seamless experience from lead capture to nurture based on various lead sources and lead types
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years consumer marketing and insights experience with an agency or client-side marketing position
- Experience with journey mapping, persona development, nurture strategy
- B2C experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work with data from multiple sources including both primary and secondary research
- Ability to synthesize both qualitative and quantitative data into a cohesive set of insights
- Success turning insight into action through cross functional collaboration and influence
- Proven experience managing multiple projects at once
- Analytic thinker with strategic planning exposure and a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
- Ability to execute in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environments
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.