MarketPro has partnered with a top consumer healthcare brand in search of their next Chief Marketing Officer.
For more than 100 years, this industry leader has been providing high-quality and scientifically-backed products and services for customers all over the world. Their mission is simple – aim to help people around the world look, feel and live like the best versions of themselves.
The Chief Marketing Officer is an executive member of the Global Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the organization’s global marketing strategies and initiatives. This role will oversee all aspects of marketing strategy including portfolio & brand positioning, strategy development, digital marketing, brand management, marketing analytics, market research, consumer behavior, life cycle management and product innovation. This role is also responsible for designing the overall customer experience (CX), defining the customer segmentation and implementing a disciplined approach to KPI metrics and measurements. The primary focus area for this role will be upstream marketing in concert with R&D and Corporate Development to ensure the long-term strategy of the brand’s portfolio and services remains healthy and competitive.
As the leader of a 25 FTE global marketing team, the CMO will model all elements of the global cultural tenets and build a high-performing team with a bias to action and culture of empowerment and accountability. This role is responsible for developing the talent and skills of the team and establishing a strong pipeline of internal capabilities.
As an executive leader, the CMO will serve as a brand ambassador and will frequently interface with Key Opinion Leaders, Healthcare Professionals, Board Members, Family Shareholders in addition to cross-collaborating with all key functions along the value chain.
Global Marketing Function
- Build and maintain the company’s global marketing organization with clearly defined duties and responsibilities for each functional group in the department.
- Oversee the interaction of global marketing teams and guide the progress and activities of the division toward the company’s strategic marketing plan and goals.
Upstream Marketing & Strategy Development
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategic plan that aligns with the company’s overall goals and objectives of portfolio and geographic expansion.
- Collaborate with R&D and Corporate Development to build an innovative portfolio with robust LCM to drive long-term sustainable growth.
- Develop a framework for overall marketing strategy.
- Own branding, messaging and positioning of the whole Portfolio globally. Establish consistent and concise messaging and positioning guidelines, update regularly based on market inputs and developments. Own branding consistency globally.
- Determine which channels would reach enterprise-level customers effectively.
- Establish how branding will play a part in solidifying the growth of the portfolio.
- Shape messaging that will connect with customers and patients.
- Build functional capability in digital marketing to support CX including e-commerce, training, practice marketing and email marketing to drive brand engagement and customer loyalty via digital solutions.
- Responsible for global adoption and consistency of commercial digital applications such as Salesforce CRM, E-commerce, training and customer 360/CDP.
- Lead innovation in the customer experience by leveraging digital technology and analytics to differentiate and gain competitive market positioning.
Market Research & Insights
- Leverage market research and market insights to identify opportunities and generate creative and innovative solutions to enhance the CX.
- Source and develop competitive intel capabilities to provide to regions and affiliate markets.
- Design the CX in collaboration with the regions.
- Define the customer segmentation and develop targeted strategies to support regional campaign generation.
- Leverage the data and customer insights provided by the regions to drive innovation in CX globally.
- Build functional capability in marketing analytics with dedicated team and tools.
- Establish KPIs to measure impact and effectiveness of marketing strategies and portfolio performance
- Synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data, recognize trends, tie back to business priorities and develop strategy based on data analysis.
- Identify benchmark data sources to support data analysis.
- Articulate a clear and compelling vision that is in alignment with the global cultural tenets and strategic objectives of the company.
- Mobilize and build a world class innovative agile global marketing team with a team culture anchored on trust.
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities while holding members accountable for their performance.
- Develop talent and skills of individual team members
- Empower leaders and employees to make informed decisions, enabling autonomy while providing guidance and support.
Business Planning & Business Review
- Serve as a key principal in the business planning and business update process with the Board.
- Define the brand planning process globally and the application of the diamond model to the regions.
- 12-15 years of commercial experience with a marketing concentration
- High proficiency in data analytics
- Executive presence and exceptional presentation skills
- Product launch experience
- Experience in working with global team across multiple time zones
- Bachelor’s Degree – a 4-year undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline with evidence of other relevant industry training
- Master’s degree in marketing or a related discipline is highly desirable
- eCommerce experience
- Previous general management experience in country or region with P&L responsibility
- Proven track record of success in building high performing marketing teams and functional capabilities with at least 3-5 years in a senior leadership role.
- Deep experience in Medical Aesthetics, Beauty, Wellness or related industry.
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.