MarketPro has partnered with a top-tier consumer organization in New York City committed to building brands that matter across a wide portfolio of products. As they aim to meaningfully connect with consumers and retailers, in this marketing executive search we seek candidates with strong entrepreneurial spirits and passion for consumer marketing to join a dynamic team.
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for the development and commercialization of end to end marketing strategies that deliver successful share, sales and profit target for a highly-demanded category.
- Developing and implementing brand strategies using sound analytics and insights
- Managing all business financials, including brand P&L budgeting and tracking
- Participating in Brand Planning and overall Brand Communication plans
- Managing a large cross-functional team to lead commercialization efforts (R&D, Insights, Mfg, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Build marketing plans to deliver on the category team’s vision, objectives, and strategies for the brands
- Proactively develops business growth strategies with in-depth understanding of consumer/shopper/profession/customer trends and insights; competitive threats; and category or brand opportunities
- Develops and executes marketing plans that build brand equity
- Discovers superior insights and translates them into strategies and actions that drive category and brand growth; leverages analytics to make sound fact-based business decisions
- Applies creative thinking and generates new ideas to build brands and grow the business
- Works with cross-functional partners to develop and implement brand and category growth plans that align with customer/RE strategies
- Understands and leverages the drivers of financial performance to achieve superior business results
- Demonstrates high-energy in tackling challenging goals; Executes with speed and quality; Simplifies systems and processes to eliminate unnecessary work; Overcomes barriers to achieve results
- Define and track key marketing plan metrics, improving measurement and economics of brand building investments (A&C)
- Define, execute, and track innovative marketing experiments to improve brand building knowledge and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years’ business experience
- Brand management or marketing experience within a consumer-driven industry
- Working knowledge of syndicated retail and consumer data
- Experience with highly matrixed organizations
- CPG marketing experience
- Brand management and P&L experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives, including efficient project prioritization to meet business needs based on project timelines and viability
- Ability to identify and implement integrated brand building strategies and plans, including consumer and shopper knowledge, analytics, brand foundation, architecture, design, content, (digital) media, promotions, shopper marketing, vendor/agency management etc.
- Creative problem solving, including development of rapid experimentation to enable initiative development
- Possesses strong financial acumen, including ability to build efficient and effective plans to meet business needs
This is a full-time direct hire.