MarketPro has partnered with a market leader in the life insurance industry in search for their next SVP of Marketing – Financial Services. For the past 20 years, this brand has been redefining insurance and driving the industry forward by expanding opportunities for consumers worldwide.
As a key member of the executive team, the Senior Vice President of Marketing will play a pivotal role in their continued success and will own all things marketing. He/she will develop a strategy for improving the quality and increasing quantity of leads. This will include building, educating and directing the day-to-day activities of the marketing team. You will also be responsible for managing the relationships of supporting agency partners engaged to deliver the execution of the company’s marketing strategy.
If you would like to join an industry, employee-focused organization where quality principles are at the forefront of all operations, this opportunity is for you!
SVP of Marketing – Financial Services Responsibilities:
- Accountability for marketing return on investment, creating new customers, improving brand awareness and improving quality of all communications
- Thought leadership and strategic direction for marketing, branding and brand communications
- Development and execution of a cohesive and fully integrated annual marketing plan, which supports the strategic direction of the organization and includes, but is not limited to DRTV, digital, radio, advertising, media engagement, public relations, social media plan, SEO, web analytics, etc.
- Establishment/management of processes and systems for continual improvement of marketing to maximize ROI
- Contribution of innovative ideas that elevate marketing to a higher level and support business and product strategies
- Oversight of effective and efficient marketing, branding and communications strategies across all channels
- Driving of marketing ROI and performance through a results-driven approach that continually tests and evaluates new, modern marketing opportunities
- Maximization of marketing results based on where and how company invests marketing dollars; leading external agencies to deliver work that exceeds expectations
- Motivation and leadership of marketing team with continual focus on success and business objectives
Assessment of team members and evaluation of capabilities to provide needed marketing skill sets and tactical disciplines necessary to carry out overarching marketing strategies
- Growth of marketing department with correct balance of internal staffing and external resources to deliver best-in-class marketing services to the organization
- Oversight and direction of market research studies and competitor analysis
- Creation of institutional and system-wide marketing reporting functions that will track, measure and analyze the performance of each element of the marketing plan
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated and support the strategic marketing plans across the organization
- Actively engagement, cultivation and management of media relationships as primary contactor in a supporting role to any other employee who may be required to interact with the media
SVP Marketing – Financial Services Role Requirements:
- BS Degree in business, marketing, communications or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years leading marketing teams
- Minimum 12 years proven work experience in marketing with demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and executing successful marketing, public relations, social media and communications campaigns
- Proven track record of optimizing and enhancing marketing with measurable results in both B2C and B2B
- Executive-level experience with marketing strategy and ability to lead, hire and mentor team through execution
- Minimum 8+ years in DRTV and radio
- Minimum 7+ years in digital marketing channels including email, social media and online paid media, involving acquisition of customers digitally
- Well versed in modern marketing best practices, including but not limited to SEO, web analytics and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Strong leadership skills with ability to strategically architect a department and develop team members
- Strong foundational understanding of marketing, marketing metrics and how to continually improve results
- Visionary mindset as it relates to both modern B2B and B2C marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic mindset with ability to make difficult decisions
- Strong analytic and project management skills, and obsession with performance reporting
- Strong understanding of financial and budgetary processes including department budgets and P&L statements
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.