MarketPro has been retained by one of the nation’s premier cellular providers to find their Vice President – Brand Marketing. As the leader of the brand, the VP – Brand Marketing is responsible for building and managing the team responsible for defining and managing the company’s overall brand strategy, positioning, voice, media and execution. This is a critical role for an experienced brand strategist who thrives on delivering big results in a fast paced environment that includes brand creative, media, strategic leadership, content, experiential events and communications.
The successful candidate will own campaigns and experiences that build awareness and advocacy. The VP works collaboratively with marketing leaders in demand generation, market insights, and customer journey to ensure the brand story is reflected in the marketing calendar and all channels. Cross-functionally, the Vice President – Brand Marketing coordinates with inside sales, retail, product and customer experience departments.
This role owns all top of funnel marketing strategies including linear TV, OTT, digital video, radio, print, out-of-home, organic social media and blog.
This individual is highly data driven and can synthesize the qualitative and creative aspects of brand marketing with the quantitative analysis necessary to justify the impact of brand spend on subscriber growth, awareness, consideration, share-of-voice and customer sentiment.
Vice President – Brand Marketing Responsibilities
- Develop, communicate and maintain a unified brand story (positioning and messaging architecture) and application of positioning, creative expression and voice across all channels
- Execution and analysis of all top-of-funnel marketing strategies including media planning, media mix, channel allocations and measurement tools
- Elevate and refine communications and brand design to increase awareness in all channels
- Partner closely with market insights and analytics teams to develop deep knowledge of the customer and target audience, effectiveness of marketing programs, competitive landscape and opportunities
- Create content strategies based on business objectives, category focus and audience segments across all channels (online/offline/social)
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that customer, vendor, employee and partnership touch points align with brand strategy and support messaging priorities
- Devise and oversee public relations strategy
- Lead and direct external agencies responsible for the development of strategy and execution of brand initiatives
- Inspire, review and approve creative work that breaks through the clutter and reinforces the tenets of the brand, and meets the needs of customer base
- Build and measure brand awareness/brand health and generate innovative ideas to increase brand affinity and loyalty
- Design and coordinate integrated marketing campaigns across all channels
- Develop promotions, partnerships, activation events and other brand initiatives to drive awareness, sales, reach and press
- Build, lead and mentor top performing teams in creative, content, communications and events
Requirements & Experience
- BS degree in business, marketing or related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years leading brand marketing
- 5+ years B2C marketing
- 10+ years supervisory experience with internal staff and external vendors
- Excellent strategic vision, team leadership and team development/mentoring skills
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Demonstrated experience building a brand and managing creative expression
- Extraordinary storyteller with strong creative sensibilities and a passion for creative, brand and design
- Proven experience growing brand awareness with key identifiable metrics and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexibility and nimbleness—no job being too small or too large
- Experience driving brand awareness and fostering brand loyalty and community engagement
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels within the organization as a tactical and strategic partner, coach and advisor
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to source and retain the best marketing talent to transform businesses of all sizes across all industries. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients worldwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.