MarketPro has partnered with a leading Technical Schools offering online and on-campus courses focused on technology career-readiness programs. We are seeking to hire their Vice President of Technology (VPoT) to join their growing organization. The VP of Technology will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives across the organization. As a member of the executive leadership team, the VPoT is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems from product development to MarTech. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring the highest level of technology service is provided to learners and employees.
If you’d like to join a growing marketing department within a positive culture and exciting startup environment (backed by support from a private, nonprofit, and accredited university), then this is a great opportunity for you. Ideal candidates are tech enthusiasts with knowledge in coding, UX design, web development, software engineering, and other related areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Information Technology team of associates in the Academic Technologies, Enterprise Management, Information Security, Software Services and Development, Project Management, Help Desk and Audio/Visual departments.
- Plan and lead staffing and development, hardware and software acquisitions, and requirements for Information Technology Services (ITS) to ensure consistency with and support of the organization’s plans.
- Direct the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and software to meet the organization’s current and future needs
- Administer and control the information systems expense budget towards a cost-effective operation
- Compile and review records to determine level of service, department productivity, quality of output, and cost of service; develop methods to continually improve results
- Gain knowledge in systems and hardware developments to ensure incorporation of new developments in future systems
- Ensure data security is maintained, systems are protected and polices are in place to protect data, systems and software
- Partner with executive leadership team and business leaders on informational technology governance and priorities
- Attendance, punctuality, and reliability are essential functions of this role
- Other duties, responsibilities or activities may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Has 10-15 years’ work experience in all phases of information technology leadership in a technology-based service organization, especially DevOps
- Demonstrated experience leading enterprise-wide system selection and implementations
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to manage competing priorities in fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Considerable leadership skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and staff development responsibilities of this position
- Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology subjects and extensive knowledge of hardware and software with the ability to keep apprised of new technologies.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum.
This is a remote position.