“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower” ~ Steve Jobs
My client is a top 5 payment processor in the US that is in the middle of making a strategic shift toward software and technology as the value proposition. Together, we’re in search of their next Vice President of Software to create their next wave of SaaS products.
The Vice President of Software will be responsible for managing commercial facing products including associated teams, product roadmaps, and related workstreams. They will be responsible for building teams and processes to sustain current product solutions and prepare for future expansion into new verticals as the business finds new opportunities. This leader will create a scalable framework for product road mapping and software delivery, focused on market feedback, competitive benchmarking, as well as strategic alignment with business leaders throughout the organization.
The Vice President of Software will be highly knowledgeable with all aspects of the software product ecosystem. This includes the software development lifecycle and supporting IT ecosystem, architecture and information security, product operations, and legal dependencies. This role participates with ongoing sales and marketing needs required for the success of their products. This individual will collaborate closely with peers in functionalized areas of the business on strategic planning, product launch, systems, and the ongoing advancement of the business.
Leadership and people management experience is essential to the success of this position. This person will be responsible for understanding the development requirements for product delivery
and actively planning and distributing the work to product owners within the department along with functionalized development teams. They will work with their team to identify gaps and
process changes, to improve the effectiveness of the software product strategy. Success in this position will be measured qualitatively by the successful delivery of products and the scalability
of the systems implemented and quantitatively by the output, timeliness, and efficiency of product delivery.
Assigned Product Lines:
- Horizontal Point of Sale (i.e Mobile, Terminal + and Register)
- Software data migration application
- Mobile applications; Guest & Mobile Manager
- Wholesale Product
- CRM for integrated software and payment devices (i.e loyalty, gift & email marketing)
- Software Integrations (3rd Party)
- Payment certifications for software solutions
This position will lead their teams in established best business practices. This includes pragmatic product design. Their products will use the Early Access methods adhering to an agile development approach. It will be their responsibility to ensure processes are followed and quality standards are met while maintaining predictable delivery dates. They will identify delivery risks and proactively mitigate them while communicating consistently and effectively on a regular schedule to stakeholders.
This role will require in-person and virtual communication with customers, partners, and the sales field. They will serve as the public face of the products within their group. Being able to passionately and articulately communicate the vision for their product with large and small audiences. Additionally, the ability to interact in a Q&A setting with key stakeholders and executives is required.
The Vice President of Software will be responsible for reporting the performance of their products and financial impact to the brand P&L. A business understanding of revenue metrics and expense for the products they manage is essential. Additionally, this role will require budget responsibilities and the ability to prepare, manage, and sustain a large budget with the day-to-day support of the finance department. Some travel is required. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple teams working on concurrent projects.
- Understand priority and assign team members in a predictable and responsible manner, accounting for individual workload, product, and competency.
- Goal planning and coaching direct reports and downline teams.
- Ability to take on tasks and aid their teams as needed
- Ability to communicate technical strategy in practical language.
- Timely communication within cross-functional departments
Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years in Product Development
- 5+ years building hosted cloud solutions for software
- Previous experience with software operations is preferred
- Understanding of semi-integrated hosted payment technologies.
- Ability to build a product with a privacy design first methodology.
- Proven ability in leading multiple complex product lines with payment integrations.
- Experience building solutions for in-store and online software and payment applications is a plus.
- Previous Leadership roles managing teams of 20+ people.
- Demonstrate a history of ownership in personal, team, and company objectives.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a remote position.