MarketPro has partnered with an award-winning financial services brand in search of a Head of Brand & Product Marketing. Their world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a company. A great product, amazing people, and stable financial history have made this company one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Brand & Product Marketing to join the team. As a key member of the marketing leadership team, you will be responsible for driving revenue and business growth by growing the Brand and elevating the value proposition through distinctive marketing campaigns. As the Head of Brand & Product Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive brand strategy that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives. You will work closely with our growth marketing teams, sales team, and product team, as well as external partners, to ensure brand is effectively communicated and maintained across all touchpoints. You will lead a team of brand and marketing professionals.
The successful candidate will have strong business and consumer brand-building experience, a general manager mentality inclusive of business acumen and critical thinking abilities, a demonstrated creative and disruptive growth mindset, agile decision-making abilities, strong influence and cross-functional leadership skills, and effective stakeholder management abilities.
- Key business outcome performance: Dealer share of wallet/revenue growth, consumer lead conversion performance, and subprime market share growth, especially in the context of launching new value proposition enhancements / new products
- Brand growth: Drive meaningful increase in unaided brand awareness, consideration, and equity among various audiences
- Brand Consistency: Complete ownership of Brand at every touch point beyond just marketing campaigns. This person will serve as a passionate brand ambassador
- Internalizing high-leverage marketing capabilities: Creative development, public relations, insights/marketing research, employer brand, sponsorships, and partnerships
- Audience Obsession: Develop meaningful customer insights and personas for all audiences; deeply understand the target audiences, pain points, and differentiated value
- High-performing Team: Massively improve the marketing talent on the team
- Brand Strategy: Leads development and is the ongoing steward of brand identity, brand, and product positioning, and messaging that differentiates the value proposition in the market to all stakeholder audiences
- Content: Build and leads content creation team (e.g. GTM sales materials, product collateral, content on digital properties, multi-media assets, event presentations, and workshops) to articulate the benefits of the product to the market, and to supply growth marketing teams with content for their growth strategies & GTM plays
- Val Prop enablement: Partner with Product Management team and Sales Operations to communicate the value proposition of product(s) to the sales team.
- Product launch: Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan. This is inclusive of supporting performance marketing team’s ongoing experimentation & growth marketing agenda.
- Audience Intelligence: Be the expert on buyers of the product, how they buy, and their buying criteria. This includes building an internal marketing research/insights capability.
- Market/Competitor Intelligence: Be the expert on competition. Follow and analyze market trends to position the brand/value proposition and identify new opportunities and the required capabilities.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of marketing professionals, providing leadership, guidance, and support to ensure that they deliver high-quality work.
- New Capabilities: Identify opportunities to grow the brand, form hypotheses, and build the plan to pilot new marketing capabilities such as sponsorship, local event marketing, and marketing partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a technical discipline
- 12+ years of experience in branding, marketing, or a related field, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing or brand strategies
- Experience with product positioning, market analysis, go-to-market planning, and sales enablement
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and use insights to inform strategy.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong culture and team development, including leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated team building are essential
- Experience in both B2B and B2C
- Experience in Fintech / Financial Services marketing lending products
- Experience in auto finance or working on the automotive vertical (e.g., in a marketing agency, consulting firm)
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, including across internal functions (e.g. sales, ops, finance) and external (distributors, customers)
- Strong focus on profitability and brand growth
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, ability to prioritize, excellent project management skills, and solid financial acumen
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.