MarketPro has partnered with one of the nation’s leading outdoor lifestyle brands with designs that can be found on more than 30,000 products worldwide. Together we are looking for a dynamic Director of Brand Marketing to elevate the brand through multiple channels.
As the leader of the Brand, the Director is responsible for constructing brand strategy and building a small team responsible for defining and managing the company’s overall brand strategy, positioning, voice, and execution. This is a critical role for an experienced brand strategist who thrives on delivering big results in a fast-paced environment that includes brand creative, strategic leadership, content, experiential events, and partnerships. This individual will take the differentiated brand and grow unbridled brand enthusiasm and identify new and innovative ways to leverage the brand to engender loyalty that leads to business growth.
The successful candidate will have strong consumer brand-building experience, a general manager mentality, a demonstrated creative and disruptive growth mindset, agile decision-making abilities, strong influence and cross-functional team leadership skills, and effective stakeholder management abilities. He/she will own creating campaigns and experiences that build awareness and advocacy. The Director works collaboratively with leaders in marketing, strategy, and licensing to ensure the brand story is reflected across all channels.
The right candidate understands both the qualitative and creative aspects of brand with the quantitative analysis necessary to justify the impact of brand spend on customer growth, awareness, consideration, share of voice, and customer sentiment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, communicate, and maintain a unified brand story (positioning and messaging architecture) and application of positioning, creative expression, and voice across all channels.
- Elevate and refine communications and brand design to increase awareness in all channels.
- Champion the ideation, development, and launch of new products. Energize and motivate the organization around both near-term priorities and long-term strategies.
- Evaluate brand strategies, including brand positioning; consumer and competitive targets; pricing; and executional requirements to deliver performance goals.
- Partner closely with marketing and executive teams to develop a deep knowledge of the customer and target audience, effectiveness of marketing programs, and competitive landscape and opportunities.
- Develop differentiated creative and promotional strategies to expand opportunities, capitalizing on consumer trends and brand permissions.
- Create content strategies to enhance the customer journey based on business objectives, category focus, and audience segments across all channels (online/offline/social).
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that our customer, vendor, employee, and partnership touchpoints align with our brand strategy and support our messaging priorities.
- Inspire, review, and approve creative work that breaks through the clutter and reinforces the tenets of the brand, and meets the needs of our customers.
- Build and measure brand awareness/brand health and generate innovative ideas to increase brand affinity and loyalty.
- Design and coordinate integrated campaigns across channels.
- Develop promotions, partnerships, activation events, and other brand initiatives to drive awareness, sales, reach, and press.
- Build, lead, and mentor a top-performing small team.
Candidate Requirements and Experience
- Prospective candidates must be capable of working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment where creativity, intuition and relationship management are important.
- Excellent organizational, ability to prioritize, excellent project management skills, and solid financial acumen
- BS degree in business, marketing, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years leading Brand Marketing
- 5+ years in B2C marketing
- 5+ years supervisory experience with internal staff and external vendors
- Excellent strategic vision, team leadership, and team development/mentoring skills
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Demonstrated experience building a brand and managing creative expression
- Extraordinary storyteller with strong creative sensibilities and a passion for creative, brand and design
- Proven experience growing brand awareness with key identifiable metrics and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexibility and nimbleness – no job being too small or too large
- Experience driving brand awareness and fostering brand loyalty and community engagement
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels within the organization as a tactical and strategic partner, coach, and advisor.
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.