MarketPro has partnered with one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit associations in search of a dynamic Senior Director of PR, Communications, and Member Services. For over 30 years, this organization has become the recognized national leader to achieve outcomes that improve the health of populations by focusing on preventions for some of the most common and persistent diseases.
The Sr. Director of PR, Communications and Member Services will lead all communications and member service initiatives. Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, the Sr. Director, Communications, and Member Services will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website content, public relations, marketing, collateral, Member support, and Member outreach to consistently support the mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with Sr. Leadership to develop communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact;
- Develops and implements the Association’s strategic communication plan;
- Manages organizational branding, brand standards, and legal considerations around branding;
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to:
- Association publications and written reports and policy statements;
- Media and public relations efforts, including press releases, public relations wire services;
- Social media strategy development and analysis;
- Communication to organization’s membership.
- Prepares presentation slide decks and talking points for Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors;
- Serves as a communication liaison between organization programs and stakeholders;
- Leads the development and implementation of Member retention strategies and tactics with an expectation of an increase in Member engagement;
- Manages the development of organizational strategies that grow and mobilize Member outreach and engagement initiatives;
- Oversees the development of marketing campaigns for all Stakeholders;
- Maintains and builds trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders;
- Collaborates with the Executive and Sr. Leadership teams to develop, implement, and monitor strategies that ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Association;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business, nonprofit management, or related degree with at least ten years of communications leadership experience;
- Experience in all aspects of public relations and a demonstrated familiarity with nonprofit communications, preferred;
- At least five years of work experience in a federal, state, county, or local health department
- Experience working with a communications/PR agency is preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and editing communication skills, especially on technical and healthcare subjects, including knowledge of AP style required;
- Strong storytelling capabilities in multiple formats (web-based, PowerPoint, photo/video, graphic design, podcast, etc.);
- Experience planning special events, webinars, and discussion panels;
- Experience working with VIPs in government and private industry;
- Strong project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success in producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget;
- Proactive, high energy, motivational, results-driven, and detail-oriented attitude;
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”;
- Willingness to share own ideas, even amongst senior staff and board members;
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and follow through effectively;
- Capable leader, manager, and coach for staff members, board members, interns, or volunteers.
- Prior Association or other not-for-profit experience, preferred.