MarketPro has partnered with an industry leader with a rich history of supporting the automotive, industrial and architectural industries. This organization is in high-growth mode, has made over 15 acquisitions recently and is expanding into new market segments.
Together, we’re in search of their next Vice President of Marketing. The ideal candidate is a contemporary marketer with a track record of success instituting today’s modern marketing best practices spanning demand generation, brand strategy, marketing operations, digital marketing, marketing technology and communications.
Vice President, Marketing Role Summary
Reporting to the President and CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for the development of the Company’s marketing, public relations, ecommerce, and communications strategies. This role will contribute to the Company’s strategic operations and growth initiatives and will develop a brand strategy that promotes brand harmony and consistency. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization with the goal to advance the Company’s position within the industry.
More specifically, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for transforming the business into a virtual selling/customer support environment, brand strategy & execution, digital marketing strategy & execution, marketing communications (including content, production, events, and creative services), cross-business unit customer segment demand generation and loyalty programs (including PR and Social Media strategy), and the overall marketing operations function. This will be accomplished by working collaboratively across the business units and department heads to develop strategic marketing plans, and by driving effective marketing communications execution that achieves top-line and bottom-line growth objectives along with market share, brand awareness, and target segment presentation for all products and brands.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan, in alignment with Corporate initiatives, to advance the Company’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and abilities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key audiences
- Oversee creation of brand and messaging guidelines and a governance structure to ensure consistency of messaging and communication across all businesses throughout the value chain
- Set branding priorities and target segment branding initiatives that deliver on strategic plan for the business
- Create marketing relations strategy that will allow leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences
- Develop a strategy for engaging in a B2B and B2C marketing dialogue with targeted customer segments in line with corporate and business unit strategy
- Experience in B2B channel marketing
- Implement policies and plans to execute the overall vision, strategy, and capacity needed to support organizational long-term and short-term e-commerce sales growth goals
- Lead the development of a coordinated digital marketing strategy, defining the purpose of each digital channel as well as the KPIs to measure the impact of each channel
- Compile data and analytics to study traffic, trends, customer engagement and revenue
- Evaluate e-commerce investments and initiatives and develop business cases and marketing plans
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, working with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external marketing opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them (e.g. web site enhancement, CRM evaluation/implementation)
- Participate and support aggressive growth initiatives relating to M&A; marketing brand as buyer of choice, support acquisition activities including the integration of seller’s business and personnel
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of Marketing including budgeting, planning and staff development
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required, advanced degree is preferred
- 15+ years of marketing management with progression into executive management level
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier partners
- Demonstrated success and expertise in building brands, design and implementation of comprehensive integrated marketing strategies and plans for large organizations
- Demonstrated success in developing integrated marketing campaigns and leading marketing communications
- Expertise in digital, social, web-based, new media tools, and marketing automation
- Extensive knowledge of production management (Design, layout, editing, production and agency/partner management and working with distribution channels)
- Strong project and process management skills with demonstrated ability to manage complex and long-range projects effectively, collaboratively and on-time
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with B2B and B2C businesses, including retail
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Energetic, adaptable, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior managers, Board of Directors, and staff
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of marketing and sales specialists
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.