MarketPro is seeking to recruit a Senior Vice President – Marketing in Nashville, Tennessee. The Head of Marketing will be a key leader inside one of the fastest growing and most important divisions of a $2.5B fintech brand. This company provides client businesses with a smarter way to track, manage and pay their expenses. Over 28,000 customers worldwide rely on their products to eliminate manual and disjointed processes, and deliver digital payments with speed and controls that minimize risk.
The primary objectives for the SVP, Head of Marketing is to improve product positioning, go-to-market capabilities and messaging in order to drive better lead generation to improve sales production. S/he will be responsible for building effective product marketing, driving compelling content, improving the lead generation process, creating a segmented, data-driven sales enablement approach and supporting both a digital sales and “feet on the street” selling model. This role requires exceptional strategy, communication and analytical skills, and a high level of detail orientation and leadership.
This company is currently on a journey to build the brand in the market, and this role will be a key architect in this process. S/he will lead marketing across various lines of business, including AP automation, commercial credit cards, international payments and small business bill pay.
Senior Vice President, Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive plan to shape and define product marketing, messaging, pitch and positioning for this platform business in the middle-market and SMB spaces. This will require significant cross-functional engagement as this new strategy to goes to market
- Clearly define product messaging strategy to increase engagement and drive better demand generation
- Develop compelling content leveraging both internal and external creative resources
- Own the brand, helping to clearly define it in the market
- Continue to refine and improve current ABM strategy
- Work closely with Sales Operations and the Sales team to create a comprehensive and effective lead generation process and customer/prospect nurturing strategy
- Improve quality of the customer and prospect databases, establishing an effective MQL framework and aligning martech capabilities
- Provide market research, report on market trends, analyze competitor strengths and weaknesses, and publish findings; translate market intelligence into developing highly differentiated and value-based product messaging
- Stay knowledgeable on customer and supplier needs including information/education required to fill customer knowledge gaps on product benefits; acquire intelligence and share findings through customer interviews, surveys and focus group sessions; be proficient in buyer profiles, how they buy and their buying criteria
- The successful candidate must have proven senior-level leadership experience, as well as experience building a high-performance team and implementing positive culture change across an organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications and/or equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
- 15+ years product marketing experience and branding in the Payments/Financial Services and/or SaaS mid-market technology space
- 10+ years people management and development experience, preferably experience with geographic and product diverse staff; international experience helpful
- Experience as a forward-thinking change agent with deep understanding of modern tools and approaches, implementing technical and digital tools that assist in executing strategy and analyzing results of efforts
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) and marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred)
Critical Leadership Capabilities:
- Works to achieve goals, while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies
- Acts with integrity in reaching goals and targets
- Creates a level of expectation of quality
- Holds team and business leaders accountable
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results and is mentored or developed in areas that are lacking
- Tests to see if goals are meaningful and sufficiently challenging and is able to quickly detect and provide corrective action for deviations
- Balances long and short-term perspectives for Corporate Payments growth opportunities
- Translates Corporate Payments strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for the marketing team
- Stays informed of how changes in competitors, clients and market segments may affect Corporates Payment’s marketing approach
- Consolidates market feedback and shepherds ongoing product and operational enhancements with functional partners
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.