MarketPro has been retained by one of the nation’s premier cellular providers to locate their Vice President – Performance Media. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering results and consistent execution; must have expert-level offline media and direct response advertising including television (linear, connected, cable, local), radio, out of home, print and direct mail.
This position will build and lead an internal team while managing external agency relationships in all facets of media including overall media investment strategy, negotiations, campaign execution, optimization, reporting and analysis. This is a critical role for an experienced media strategist who thrives on delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
The Vice President – Performance Media is responsible for leading strategy and optimization across media channels to drive various goals including acquisition, cross-sell and retention. Accountable for ensuring media strategy and investments align with business goals. Collaborates return on media investments with overall budget, cost of acquisition and profitability of company P&L.
The VP works unitedly with marketing leaders in brand strategy, digital, web experience and CRM to ensure business goals and KPIs are met. Cross-functionally, the Vice President – Performance Media coordinates with inside sales, retail, product and customer experience departments. This individual is highly data driven and can synthesize a robust, best-in-class toolkit to measure and optimize media performance with the quantitative analysis necessary to justify impact of spend on customer growth, awareness, consideration, share-of-voice and customer sentiment.
Vice President – Performance Media Responsibilities
- Owns media strategy to drive efficient new customer growth through establishment of business case for media investments to drive business goals (growth, profitability, quality, etc.)
- Allocates and optimizes mix of media (annual, quarterly, monthly), while improving the targeting of high-propensity audiences based on various outcomes
- Ensures quarterly and annual testing plans based on learning objectives to drive innovation and improvement in media’s contribution to business growth
- Aligns business objectives with media strategy and optimization to ultimately flow through to execution team, ensuring all are laddering up to the same goals and KPIs
- Utilizes deep experience with complex attribution methodologies and media modeling strategies to evaluate quantitative performance
- Partners closely with market insights and analytics teams to develop deep knowledge of customer and target audience, effectiveness of marketing programs, competitive landscape and opportunities
- Executes and analyzes all top-of-funnel marketing strategies including media planning, media mix, channel allocations and measurement tools
- Leads major negotiations with agencies and media providers to ensure maximum value for the company, possessing ownership mindset of budget
- Develops and maintains collaborative and reliable relationships with external media partners and advertising agencies
- Manages team development; responsible for hiring and performance management of team members
Requirements & Experience
- BS degree in business, marketing or related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years leading media planning and buying
- 5+ years B2C marketing
- 10+ years supervisory experience with internal staff and external vendors
- Expertise in using media to drive growth of the business while delivering media efficiency
- Highly analytical and able to build media strategies based on business plans
- Strong understanding of various digital and non-digital media platforms with proficiency in all demand generation channels
- Excellent strategic vision, team leadership and team development/mentoring skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and dexterity with attitude of no job being too small or too large
- Experience driving brand awareness, as well as fostering brand loyalty and community engagement
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization as a tactical and strategic partner, coach and advisor
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona and/or Portland, Oregon
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.