MarketPro has partnered with a fast-growing global consumer healthcare group to locate their next Marketing Director – Consumer Healthcare. Since its inception, the organization has worked to improve the lives of consumers and patients through making available a range of clinically valuable healthcare products.
The Marketing Director will join an alliance of people, brands and partners working together as a team to achieve more for patients, healthcare providers, business partners and investors. As the new Marketing Director, you will direct brand strategy, marketing activities and resources for all U.S.-based marketing.
This is a unique opportunity to join a progressive, people-centered, global organization where real values are at the heart of everything.
Key Responsibilities of Marketing Director – Consumer Healthcare
- Direct brand strategy, marketing activities and resources of regional business unit
- Lead development of robust strategic and annual plans for regional consumer brands; partner with global brand teams to regionalize star-brand plans and lead strategy development for local brands
- Participate in setting annual sales and contribution targets and forecasts; develop and execute comprehensive growth plans to achieve contribution targets by managing marketing priorities and activities which support overall P&L goals
- Lead a data-driven approach to marketing, utilizing in-depth consumer, customer, competitor and category knowledge, to the development, measurement and continual refinement of marketing, advertising and promotional plans.
- Review/conduct consumer and market research where required
- Routinely utilize sales, market and advertising data, as well as metrics, to appraise brand health and performance and take action as appropriate; monitor consumer trends to capitalize on opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity
- Explore and develop new growth opportunities within the unit’s brand portfolio and territories to expand the business, including recommendations on distribution channels, alternate consumer targets and new claims
- Provide project management leadership to ensure brand development milestones are achieved through overall coordination of cross-functional teams, including technical and scientific development, regulatory, operational and marketing activities
- Recruit, develop and lead the marketing team to continually improve marketing core competencies
- Shape the approach to building internal capabilities and/or utilizing external partners and agencies for execution of the marketing function; identify need, select and manage agencies to deliver strategic, branding
- Create marketing and campaign assets, and ensure clear cascade of strategy and direction throughout the organization and external partners
- Work with Media and Advertising team, as well as external partners, to strategize and develop integrated messaging and promotional ideas that fully leverage consumer insights
- Support the selling process in conjunction with commercial lead, including all sales communications and collateral, to ensure Sales team is fully equipped for successful sell-in
- Provide marketing assessment, evaluating acquisition opportunities within corporate development projects
Requirements & Experience
- BA/BS degree required
- Strategic marketing leader with foundation in branding
- Ability to lead marketing and brand strategy, and excited to roll-up sleeves to help get the job done
- Experience in healthcare, wellness and/or vitamins required
- Proven track record of growing sales/share-on-shelf at Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc.
- Performance oriented/data driven
- Strong P&L experience
- Exceptional team leadership, business acumen and change management experience
- Ability to think creatively, coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization and project management skills with solid financial acumen
Location: Cary, North Carolina
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top-performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to separate A-players from everyone else. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients nationwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.