MarketPro has partnered with an award-winning financial services brand in search of a Vice President of Marketing. An innovative product, dedicated staff and stable financial history has made this one of the largest finance companies nationally.
The VP of Marketing is an integral member of the leadership team, responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategies including B2C, ROI-based digital marketing, B2B, demand generation, public relations, brand strategy/brand marketing, customer insights, media engagement, social media and events marketing.
We are seeking a strong, digitally savvy marketing generalist with deep experience in marketing across all digital channels to build and strengthen brand identity and acquire customers in cost-effective innovative ways.
The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for achieving marketing targets with respect to overarching organizational growth, optimizing all marketing metrics, analytics and campaign performance reporting. This individual will also interact closely with other department leaders including Sales, Product, Analytics, Finance and HR.
The role is responsible for building, educating and directing day-to-day activities of the marketing team and managing relations with supporting agency partners engaged in execution of the company’s marketing strategy.
Responsibilities VP of Marketing – Financial Services
- Accountability for marketing ROI, creation of new customers, improvement of brand awareness and quality of all communications
- Thought leadership and strategic direction of marketing, branding and brand communications
- Development and execution of cohesive, fully integrated annual marketing plan supporting the strategic direction of the organization, including digital, advertising, media engagement, public relations, social media, SEO, web analytics, etc.
- Establishment/management of processes and systems for continued improvement of marketing to maximize ROI
- Conception of innovative ideas that elevate marketing efforts to a higher level and support business and product strategies
- Oversight of effective and efficient marketing, branding and communications strategies across all channels
- riving of marketing ROI and performance through a results-driven approach, continually testing and evaluating cutting edge marketing opportunities
- Maximization of results wherever marketing dollars are invested, leading external agencies to deliver work that exceeds expectations
- Motivation and leadership of marketing team with ongoing focus on success and business objectives
- Assessment of team members and evaluation of capabilities needed to ensure appropriate marketing skillset and tactical discipline necessary to carry out overarching marketing strategies
- Development of marketing department with the optimal balance of internal staffing and external resources to deliver best-in-class marketing services to the organization
- Oversight and direction of market research studies and competitor analyses
- Creation of institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that will track, measure and analyze the performance of each element of the marketing plan
- Assurance of marketing communications and coordination of strategic marketing plans across the organization
- Engagement and cultivation of media relationships as either the primary contact or supervising role to marketing employee/s interacting with the media
Requirements VP of Marketing – Financial Services
- Proven track record of optimization and enhancement of marketing efforts with measurable results in both B2C and B2B
- Executive-level experience with marketing strategy, as well as ability to lead, hire and mentor team through execution
- Minimum 10+ years in digital marketing channels such as email, social media and online paid media for digital acquisition of customers
- Relevant experience in finance and lending; preferred experience in automotive finance, digital auto shopping, automotive retail and/or other industries serving automotive dealerships
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to strategically architect a department and develop team members
- Strong foundational understanding of marketing, marketing metrics and methods to continually improve results
- Visionary mindset as it relates to modern B2B and B2C marketing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strategic mindset with ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Fundamental understanding of the interworking elements of advertising agencies, PR firms and other supporting agencies
- Well versed in modern marketing best practices including SEO, web analytics and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Superior analytic and project management skills and obsession with performance reporting
- Strong understanding of financial and budgetary processes including department budgets and P&L statements
- Required: BS Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- Preferred: MBA
- Minimum 7 years leading marketing teams
- Minimum 15 years proven work experience in marketing with demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and executing successful marketing, public relations, social media and communications campaigns
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to source and retain the best marketing talent to transform businesses of all sizes across all industries. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients worldwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.