MarketPro has been retained by one of the nation’s fastest growing cellular providers to find their Vice President of Demand Generation & Performance Marketing. Our client employees over 2,000 team members and has been on the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s fastest growing companies for over five years. This is a hybrid role and can be based in Portland OR or Scottsdale, AZ.
The VP – Demand Generation & Performance Marketing reports to the CMO and is responsible for building, scaling and managing all performance marketing tactics, including digital (search, social, web, video), direct mail, direct response TV, database and email marketing. This individual is highly data-driven and able to recruit a high-caliber team of similarly data-driven performance marketers. The VP is highly strategic and cross-functional, partnering closely with sales, retail, product and customer experience leadership, and is responsible for building and owning the marketing technology stack.
Meticulous in managing budget and spend, this individual relentlessly seeks to drive efficiency in customer acquisition cost, through allocation of budgets across channels, to maximize the effectiveness of marketing spend. Must understand that each direct response dollar spent is an investment that must be rigorously analyzed and justified.
Vice President – Demand Generation Responsibilities
- Develop and manage robust predictive models, including attribution and marketing mix, to understand effectiveness and efficiency of direct response marketing spend
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods along with rigorous A/B testing to understand growth drivers; continuously optimize all future programs based on learnings
- Manage CAC and volume targets, own key reports around CAC, LTV, conversion rates, cross-sell, usage and program performance; keep key stakeholders updated with daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Thoroughly understand customer lifecycle to market to existing customers and improve customer lifetime value
- Partner with marketing operations on key metrics, including marketing performance measurement, budgeting, strategic planning, process definition, marketing systems and data
- Partner closely with VPs of brand strategy, market insights and customer journey to ensure strategic and tactical alignment within the marketing organization
- Negotiate and purchase media through vendors; vendor management
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS and EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in business, marketing or engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years leading demand generation marketing
- 10+ years B2C marketing
- 10+ years supervisory experience with internal staff and external vendors
- Coach/mentor leadership style
- Demonstrated expertise in online/offline channels, targeting and analytics-based marketing
- Data-driven, curious, collaborative and convincing marketer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive strategic, conceptual and leadership skills
- Strong process orientation
- Strong agency collaboration and management skills
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to source and retain the best marketing talent to transform businesses of all sizes across all industries. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients worldwide. Visit us on LinkedIn.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.