MarketPro has partnered with one of the nation’s top outdoor lifestyle brands to locate a Senior Online Merchandising Manager. Together we are looking for a dynamic leader to join a growing team. Based in Columbus, Georgia, this brand’s designs are found on more than 30,000 products worldwide. The role can be hybrid/remote with some travel to company headquarters. (Hybrid preferred; full-time remote for the right candidate.)
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Senior Online Merchandising Manager will develop merchandising strategies that help shape cohesive buyer-facing shopping content, while driving engagement within the brand. A strong interest in shopping, culture and emerging trends is necessary. This role will require close collaboration with operations, ecommerce, marketing, social, creative and the support team in shaping the shopping experience.
The ideal candidate will possess a dynamic set of skills associated with driving and measuring multiple projects around product selection, direct online selling, B2B order entry/fulfillment and category management. The merchandising department is expected to grow at a rate proportionate to our client’s ecommerce success and catalog offering. Responsibilities include all aspects of managing the online store, focusing on product setup, positioning and inventory management on the site. Routine duties include keeping the site well merchandised with products properly displayed in categories and assigning images and content to highlight features and benefits, ensuring product lifecycle of new collection publication and removal of old collections, including end-of-season discounts and any ad hoc promotions in support of sales strategy.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- The Senior Online Merchandising Manager should possess general business management and acumen as it relates to SKU count, ERP, retail price points, margins, discount structure, carrying cost and cost+ inventory control
- Onboarding tasks and duties associated with FLX Point and dropshipping for designated licensees
- Logistical needs and requests associated with retailers and industry partners to support ecommerce initiatives through FLX Point and various B2B portals
- Real-time data feed and downloads—SKUs, UPCs, images, short/long product descriptions
- Management and identification of products that should carry MAP, evaluating margin control and leveraging discounting schedules, when and where applicable
- Management and optimization of product data feeds to support Google Shopping and catalog integration across social platforms
- Uploading products to online store and creating descriptions to leverage SEO terms, meta data and page titles to improve organic web presence
- Research and implementation of tools, such as online reviews and Q&A for optimized conversion on product pages
- Setting, tracking and measuring online store performance against a clearly communicated and constructed scorecard. Visibility on all KPls should be produced and shared weekly with key stakeholders to broadcast results, challenges and support needed from colleagues and other departments
- Quarterly reviews highlighting key areas of growth and needs for improvement, providing detailed plans and specifying needs to invest in products and categories that drive revenue and clearly articulate plans for end-of-life or obsolete SKUs and/or categories that are not creating value for the brand
- Establishing forecasts to address seasonal trends and needs for the brand that will offer the appropriate products mix to addressable marketing online
- Willingness to present new ideas that carry some calculated risks to drive more lifestyle products into the marketplace through the website
Required Experience & Education
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years ecommerce experience
- Experience with products and services including Big Commerce, Magenta, Shopify and Salesforce are a plus
- Business acumen with an entrepreneurial, revenue-generating mindset
- Must have both strong technical acumen and a creative sensibility
- Understanding of broader ecommerce trends and innovations
MarketPro Inc. is the leading high-end marketing executive search firm delivering top performing innovative marketers. As a team of former marketing professionals, we are uniquely qualified to source and retain the best marketing talent to transform businesses of all sizes across all industries. Celebrating our 26th year, we are a certified woman-owned business with headquarters in Atlanta and clients worldwide.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.
This role can be hybrid/remote with some travel to Columbus, Georgia headquarters.