MarketPro has partnered with a top CPG brand headquartered in (New York) to fill the role of Senior Manager of Category Breakthrough Innovation. This is the perfect location for your career to thrive! The brand offers opportunity, challenge and a great team of driven, dynamic individuals. Home to world-renowned brands and innovative personal and skincare brands, this BU is a fast-paced, agile organization dedicated to providing skin care solutions backed by science.
We are looking for the right person to join the team and lead efforts to uncover breakthrough innovation opportunities. The Sr. Manager of Category Breakthrough Innovation is responsible for working with top brand teams, Insights, R&D and commercial partners to identify, validate and launch new products, services and solutions. This individual is people centric and leverages empathy and creativity to envision new solutions to help people achieve their skin health goals.
- Generate opportunity spaces by building a deep understanding of unmet category needs and challenges
- Monitor external marketplace (inside and outside of category) for emerging trends, novel solutions and technologies
- Collaborate with Insights, R&D, Branding and external accelerators to identify, assess and validate new-to-category and new-to-world skin health innovation
- Work with regional teams to develop go-to market models for innovation and develop incubation business plans
- Manage ongoing innovation projects and resources
- Passionately curious with strong need to find better ways to accomplish goals
- Proficient at connecting dots: people needs, technologies and business opportunities
- Experimental, resilient, agile and accomplished at design—able to design, interpret and implement creative experiments
- Innovative and resourceful problem solver
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a self-directed environment
- Skilled at influencing others for maximum effectiveness
- Accomplished at successfully building a network and operating as a team member to build and maintain a positive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing innovation role, leading breakthrough innovation
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple innovation projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience at driving new thinking and reshaping conceptions of a team or organization
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience with Design Thinking/Business Model Canvas
- Prior working experience in the skincare industry and in large, multi-national company environments
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.
This is a full time position.