MarketPro has partnered with one of the fastest growing, higher education brands in the nation, in search of an experienced brand leader to play a central role in its brand strategy practice. Based in St Louis, MO this intuitions vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
This is a highly visible, critical position and must be based in St. Louis (relocation provided). The right candidate will guide a team that strategically grounds all marketing and communications efforts in the brand, plans and executes complex, multi-channel and multi-phase consumer insights and brand strategy engagements that guide creative execution.
The Head of Marketing (VP Level) will engineer and direct the university’s marketing and communication strategy aligned with the university’s strategic plan. The Executive Director will accelerate digital growth, elevate our institutional brand in regional and national circles, and drive constituent engagement via an omni-channel approach. The Head of Marketing will provide strategic and operational leadership to the Strategic Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Marketing & Communications Strategy
Develop, implement, and oversee the national marketing, brand, and communications strategy to advance the mission and goals. This includes raising brand awareness through creative marketing initiatives, PR, digital platforms, social media, and partnership marketing.
- Create and execute a strategic marketing & communications plan reflecting a deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing approaches, including audience segmentation though various buyer’s journeys.
- Oversee the creation of engaging, compelling, highly shareable content—written and video— that tells the organization’s story to raise awareness and inspire action among prospective learners, donors, and community partners.
- Develop and manage all marketing processes, measurement, and information systems, that are needed to enable the overall marketing function to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Tap into experience using technologies—including web design, social media channels, and third-party platforms—to create pathways that facilitate the online user journey, building confidence and interest in educational offerings.
- Coordinate with strategic partners to ensure message and brand alignment.
- Develop paid media strategy, including the solicitation and use of in-kind support, in furtherance of our strategic goals.
Public Relations and Internal Communications
- Strategically utilize owned and earned media to effectively position in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Oversee the development of collateral including publications, annual report, and others as strategically indicated.
- Leverage our digital assets, including website and social media channels, to optimize brand awareness, raise resources, and engage various targeted audiences across multiple social platforms.
- Partner with the President, senior leadership and staff on high-priority external speeches and presentations.
- Support and advise campus divisions on marketing and communications best practices.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with local media.
Management and Leadership
Develop a cohesive and productive Strategic Marketing and Communications (IMC) team, delivering on established KPIs, communicating direction, utilizing creative thinking to engage staff, clarifying roles and responsibilities, and demonstrating good judgment and clear decision making.
- Provide effective management and collaboration within IMC to ensure that it functions in a strategic, collaborative, inclusive and productive fashion that relies on our core Values and strengthens our culture.
- Serve as trusted communications advisor to our President and senior leadership team.
- Chair the Strategic Marketing Council
- Manage direct reports performance and career advancement throughout the year, as well as lead their professional development, training, and mentoring.
- Ensure the IMC team’s work is aligned with our strategic plan and that effective and regular communications exist between IMC and other campus divisions.
- Oversee the internal and external use of the brand, ensuring all related trademarks and logos are used consistently within brand standards and expectations.
- Develop and manage annual marketing and communications calendar and budget.
Required Experience and Education
This position requires a dynamic and self-driven strategic thinker with a creative mindset and well- honed teambuilding and communications skills. The successful individual is adept at problem solving and collaborating with multiple teams in a fast-paced and results-driven environment. S/he will have demonstrated accomplishments in managing a wide range of marketing and communications related activities, preferably within an agile, entrepreneurial, high-growth environment.
Other Qualifications Include:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communication. A Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field a plus.
- 12+ years of extensive and deep multi-discipline marketing experience.
- Proven ability to maximize technologies such as web design, social media channels, and third- party platforms to create pathways that engage the online user and promote the mission.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise diplomacy, good judgement, discretion and maintain confidentiality at the highest level
- Extraordinary organizational skills including efficient management of time and resources to achieve goals within timelines and budgets
- Curiosity around emerging trends, embraces change, and adapts to an evolving work environment.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven budget management experience, including the preparation and oversite of budgets and contracts.
- Penchant for problem-solving and collaborating with different teams in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Willingness to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy, relationship building and staff development.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.
This is a full time remote position.