MarketPro has partnered with the leading global provider of intelligent Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), engineering, and science-related business solutions in search of a CMO.
This firm supports global clients across a broad range of sectors including industrial, energy, manufacturing, mining, life sciences, and commercial/institutional. They help these customers achieve compliance with applicable regulations, international standards, and company specifications, enabling them to avoid business disruption, speed products to market, address stakeholder concerns, and achieve business objectives.
This Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for the direction of marketing efforts across the company. The individual will oversee corporate teams that develop and implement marketing strategies and for brand management, campaign management, event management, marketing communications, promotional strategies, digital strategies, PR, and market research.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop brand marketing strategy that determines how to drive revenue growth for the company’s business units.
- Refine customer insights, create a customer segmentation strategy, and build a robust brand positioning and messaging to drive customer acquisition and loyalty.
- Appropriately integrate new acquisitions into the marketing strategy, providing central support to advance each acquisition’s marketing capability and performance.
- Educate the operations and sales teams to support the strategy and adopt best practices.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of corporate marketing functions.
- Be forward looking in use of technology and digital marketing to advance the company’s brand, customer experience, and reach.
- Play a lead role in corporate planning to guide, assess, and support near and long-term growth opportunities.
- Be the company authority and voice on branding, creating an appropriate level of consistency across the service and product offerings based on the strategy.
- Own the communications strategy, ensuring effective brand messaging across all channels and customer segments.
- Direct the design and implementation of effective marketing campaigns and assets that show case the service or product offerings for each business unit.
- Oversee creation of marketing assets across all touchpoints so that the distinct business units speak powerfully to key customer groups.
- Maximize the utility of a 10–12 person marketing team. Assess the talent within the corporate marketing function and propose the optimal team structure and roles.
- Ensure “A” players in key roles; actively develop/redeploy/remove underperformers.
- Foster motivation, collaboration, and coordination within marketing and with other functions (especially sales personnel and business unit managers).
- Instill a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Oversee the development of annual marketing plans for applicable business units.
- Support the strategic growth plan to double revenue and EBITDA in five years (2026).
- Drive top-line revenue growth targets by facilitating sales interactions with customers.
- Manage corporate marketing budget with financial rigor and a ROI mindset.
- Establish success metrics and allocate resources to optimize performance and growth.
- 15+ years of B2B marketing experience that includes expertise in brand strategy, demand generation and marketing operations.
- Proven track record of success developing and executing a fully integrated marketing strategy that drives growth and helps scale organization.
- Manages two (or more) subordinate managers who supervise 10 to 12 employees in the corporate marketing group.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, graduate degree preferred; and ten or more years related and progressive experience.
- Working knowledge of marketing technology i.e. social media (Agorapulse, HootSuite), marketing automation software (Act-On, HubSpot), and SEM/digital marketing platforms (SEMrush, Google Analytics).
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.
This is a full time position.