MarketPro has partnered with a leading technology brand in search of an action oriented, innovative and Director of Product Management to lead and help grow, transform and scale our Product development, manufacturing and delivery, and ensure the organization’s collaboration offerings are the most secure, manageable and reliable in the industry. This role requires relocation to Tampa, FL as there is an onsite team of five the Director will lead.
The ideal candidate will partner with the organization’s senior leaders and the broader cross-functional teams to plan and operationalize the transformational strategy needed to take this growing product market to the next level. This critical role will help drive growth by defining the product, features and make sure it is tuned to the market and to our DoD customers. He/She will also work closely with the Solutions, Engineering and Operations teams to understand their key use cases, problems and identify product requirements.
What You’ll Do
This role will be a member of the highly visible team and contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure for ongoing and future product lines. A familiarly with Hyper Converged Storage and PowerShell, bash, or other automation and scripting tools will move you to the front of the line for consideration.
The Director is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements and working closely with Solutions team, Operations Engineering, sales, product development and support to ensure goals are met. Director of Product Management is responsible for all aspects of production from product development, manufacturing, costs, marketability and system delivery to mission partners within the DoD and other potential customer markets.
- Work with multiple teams to create and maintain an overall product roadmap and strategy.
- Gather and prioritize product functionality and feature requests.
- Manage delivery of new high-quality products on time and on budget.
- Form development teams and manage development and Q/A resources on projects
- Work with third-party onsite and offsite partners as needed.
- Maintain and enhance existing Trace Systems product lines
- Serve as Product Owner and/or Scrum Master working in multiple Agile Scrum teams to manage priorities and remove impediments to development.
- Ensure costs are managed to provide the most financially competitive and profitable product in our market space.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required in lieu of a degree.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience is required.
- Experience in leading in an Agile environment in addition to continuous development in the IT industry or government equivalent.
- Excellent grasp of enterprise software/hardware requirements in the federal/DoD environment.
- Understanding of Enterprise Compliance within large enterprises including the federal/DoD workspace and government (DoD) accreditation/approval processes.
- PMP certification and Project management experience (product organization preferred over consulting or internal IT).
- Experience with DoD, DISA, AF and or the Service Components.
- Big-picture strategic thinking combined with ability to execute day-to-day tasks as required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues and all management levels.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial.
- Must be able to think analytically, concentrate on tasks and remember details.
- Ability to work with IPTs and cross functional teams, identify product use cases and synthesize engineering requirements.
- Event or related industry experience preferred but not required.
- Position requires a current PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
Posted by Melissa Van Rossum.
This is a full time position.