MarketPro has partnered with a fast-growing healthcare brand in search of a dynamic VP of Contact Center Operations. For the past fifteen years, this organization has enriched the lives of its patient with compassion and integrity.
The Vice President of Contact Center Operations will be responsible for managing the operations, as well as the strategic growth and scaling of the patient liaison contact center, which serves as the first point of contact for patients and referring providers. They will oversee managers and staff that will perform processes such as intake, referral management, collection of patient demographic / insurance information, and scheduling of appointments. The VP and direct reports ensure the Intake Specialists answer all calls in a timely and courteous manner, direct / triage calls, and document calls with the highest level of service, and overall represent the brand to providers and patients. They are also responsible for defining and improving standard operating procedures, operational reporting for the patient liaison contact center(s), and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. This individual will also support expansion efforts via de novo and M&A growth. He/She will be responsible for keeping up with new technology and resources that elevate the contact center experience for the liaison specialists and the patients.
Develop & Grow Contact Center(s)
- Establish infrastructure to ensure a comprehensive one-call experience is consistently provided to patients and referring providers.
- Develop patient liaison standard operating procedures, KPIs and implement process improvements that ensure efficient workflow processes.
- Assist in go-forward integration of new de novo and/or M&A expansion opportunities to ensure practices and locations are appropriately routed and represented within the patient liaison contact center.
- Continued scaling of Patient Liaison Contact Center and evaluation of growth opportunities including managing staff/employee numbers, and keeping up with new technology and resources that elevate patient liaison contact center experience for the liaisons and the patients.
- Responsible for defining and improving standard operating procedures, operational reporting for the patient liaison team(s), and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective patient liaison contact center and scheduling office functions, including but not limited to appointment scheduling and referral management.
- Ensure all tools, systems, and third-party resources are adequately set up and keep up with the demand of the business.
- Ensure department compliance with all standards, including policies and procedures, HIPAA, and all other requirements
- Ensure that pertinent information is efficiently communicated to patient liaison staff (e.g., scheduling process changes, call routing procedures, documentation changes, clinic updates, customer feedback).
- Connecting the right parties to address all patient/provider complaints.
- Demonstrate excellent standards of customer service when interacting with patients, healthcare providers, and fellow employees.
- Foster a positive work environment for the patient liaison Department.
- Create and distribute operational reports that profile call performance and productivity across the patient liaison team and ii) down to the representative level
- Create integrated tools to assist in tracking and maintaining staffing levels.
- Responsible for overseeing managers and staff that will perform processes such as, inbound calls, referral management, collection of patient demographic / insurance information, and scheduling of appointments.
- Responsible for outbound calls, rescheduling of eval appointments, designing and implementing nurture cadence to prevent cancel/no-show funnel leakage
- Responsible for effectively partnering with IT and Marketing Analytics to assure that all data is accurately captured and that all technology is
- Responsible for assuring all third-part patient liaison teams are adhering to the same best-in-class standards as brand in-house patient liaison teams.
- Develop weekly staffing schedules by aligning call volume trending analyses with staffing model, service levels, and employee schedules to ensure operational commitments and performance targets are satisfied.
- Establish tangible performance targets for the patient liaison team and maintain bonus and incentive plans that motivate and reward the right behaviors as well as achieve plans.
- Define and adhere to quality assurance metrics by recording, auditing, and coaching calls to ensure excellent customer service and observe employee demeanor, technical accuracy, patient-centric warmth and compassion, and conformity to company policy.
- Helps ensure Patient Liaisons answer all calls in a timely and courteous manner, direct / triage calls, and document calls with the highest level of service, and overall represent the brand and its family of brands to providers, patients, and clinical/field associates
- Develop and deliver patient liaison team training programs, as well as continuous improvement opportunities across all patient liaison contact centers, both internal and third party.
- 10+ years in contact center supervision, multi-site healthcare services business experience is mandatory
- 10+ years of successful forecasting and planning experience, with strong talent management and/or operations background, preferably in a high-demand production environment.
- 5+ Direct Response and multi-media experience in the contact center
- Quality Assurance expertise for both in-house and third-party contact centers
- Expertise in managing rep turnover with a proven track record of less-than-average turnover
- Experience using software to build and maintain operational reports and dashboards.
- Experience with workforce and performance management of 150+ employees/staff members in direct reporting lines.
- Experience implementing a contact center solution
- Bachelor’s degree in business operations or healthcare administration or equivalent education and experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Intricate knowledge of contact center management solutions and KPIs / metrics to manage contact centers
- Ensuring individual KPIs and funnel metrics for IB/OB KPIs are met
- Oversee the daily operations of patient liaison contact centers(s).
- Develop the right infrastructure (e.g., system, reporting, team development, hiring/staffing to right organizational levels) to achieve desired service levels of the patient liaison contact center.
- Supervise Patient Liaisons, Team Managers, Team Trainers, and Quality Specialists including hiring, training, scheduling, administrative, performance management, and terminations.
- Develop and lead new patient liaison staff training program, covering job skills, policies and procedures, and the use of the patient liaison management system.
- Coordinate daily operations and overall accountability of patient liaison staff.
- Ensure patient liaison team is meeting or exceeding designated service levels and
- Proficiency in Contact Management Software
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.