MarketPro has partnered with one of the nation’s top furniture brands. Together we are looking for a data-driven eCommerce leader to elevate the brand through multiple channels. This role is based on-site at the corporate headquarters close to Tampa, FL. Relocation is available.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Director of E-commerce will be a dynamic leader whose primary focus is to oversee our client’s entire E-commerce strategy to provide a superior quality online shopping experience for customers and drive sales growth via the .com website. This role is responsible for the management and development of the E-commerce team, web operations, online merchandising, and working with Marketing to enhance the E-commerce customer journey to create a best-in-class consumer experience. The position requires a collaborative leader who will partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into the E-commerce initiative, as well as to enhance the online user experience and maximize ROI. This individual will apply their in-depth expertise in E-commerce technology, related IT, website usability, and assessment of business risks. The Director will demonstrate strong business acumen, decision-making, and analytical skills, and be able to identify, prioritize, and articulate the highest impact initiatives.
- Serve as a leader, liaison, and primary point of contact for the E-commerce organization and with cross-functional partners.
- Accountable for growing online customers and revenue, increasing on-site consumer engagement, and delivering strong margins for new customer growth.
- Evaluate, prioritize, develop, test, implement, manage and optimize E-commerce business processes and initiatives.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills in measuring and reporting on website and E-commerce KPI’s, working alongside other departments to ensure that the website and E-commerce engine is streamlined and reporting key information accurately.
- Effectively develop E-commerce solutions, improve conversion rates, maximize site traffic, improve overall shopper experience, and drive sales.
- Manage internal and external resources, establish strong relationships with all levels of the business and provide stability and management of the day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for Interdepartmental collaboration on all aspects of the E-commerce business including: business planning, project management, content strategy and development, online promotional campaigns and other online marketing, website design, customer service, web analytics, and web technologies.
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel, and website promotions.
- Partner with Marketing team for online marketing strategies to deliver on sales plan and meet KPI goals for SEO, SEM, retargeting, and other paid digital efforts. Ensures that E-commerce efforts support corporate brand positioning and adhere to brand standards.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Supply Chain to ensure the best product mix is represented on the website.
- Develop proactive ideas and solutions to meet business objectives and streamline website systems. Identify new areas of E-commerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
- Monitor activities of competitors to ensure best practices are being used.
Requirements and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience within the Retail, E-commerce, Marketing, and/or Digital Marketing industries. Track record of progressive career growth with managing teams and major projects and developing and training world-class talent.
- 5-7+ years of direct experience in E-commerce required. Deep knowledge of site merchandising, E-commerce functionality and technology, strong design sensibility, and best practices with UX and speed.
- A consummate team player, actively collaborating with cross-functional teams and internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen; expert knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them. Well-versed in E-commerce KPIs and proficient in analyzing data for site merchandising, pricing, promotion, and functionality decisions.
- Proof of success with the launch and/or growth strategy of a company’s E-commerce channel.
- Prior Marketplace/Pureplays, SEM, SEO, and Google Analytics experience required.
- CRM, PIMS, CMS experience required.
- Understanding of general IT controls, cyber security practices, and information security risks required.
- QA and system testing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Digital Marketing or related field (Master’s preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and personnel via spoken and written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.