MarketPro is partnering with an established leader in the property development and real estate industry. We are hiring a new Senior Vice President of Marketing. The Sr VP of Marketing bears overall responsibility for creating and nurturing the brand and developing effective marketing programs to ensure maximum occupancy among the company’s properties. This is both a strategic and executional role as the marketing infrastructure needs to be planned and built out by the SVP.
Principal Objective of Position:
The SVP, Marketing is responsible for leading the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics to (a) support the leasing of the company’s real estate assets, (b) build stakeholder support for the company’s development projects, and (c) enhance the company’s brand and reputation with investors, lenders, land sellers and potential partners in furtherance of the company’s goals and objectives, including but not limited to sourcing and entitling development opportunities. The SVP, Marketing is responsible for working with the company’s senior management to collaboratively develop the aforementioned solutions that meet their needs and objectives.
This position has a dual reporting relationship:
- To the CEO (10-20%) for enterprise and business unit marketing
- To the EVP, Property Management (80-90%) for asset marketing
The SVP of Marketing will hold final accountability for the planning and execution of marketing
initiatives and budgets in accordance with organizational goals and priorities. This leader will need to be able to function well in a matrixed environment, demonstrate a nimble approach to budget management, and have a strong passion for data-driven marketing and results.
- Lead the development and implementation of the company’s annual marketing plan in support of enterprise and business unit strategies and goals.
- Lead the development of the company’s understanding of its customers and appropriate changes to the company’s business plans.
- Develop and manage the company’s voice and visual brand identity to ensure the development of marketing assets that support brand standards and organizational goals/objectives, are relevant, and keep the brand competitive. This includes branding of websites, social media, public relations, advertising, promotions, property-specific applications, and internal communications.
- Lead the marketing department’s participation in the company’s development process (including each asset’s value proposition) informed by market research and data-driven understanding of the targeted customer.
- Lead the company’s property management market research (in collaboration with development’s market research), data analytics, competitor analyses, and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives to inform and improve the company’s business plans and financial results. Oversee and direct the company’s marketing, advertising, public relations including but not limited to the company’s conferences sponsorship, website, collateral, project awards, and social media.
- Lead the development and implementation (in collaboration with HR) of the company’s
internal and external culture, employee engagement, recruitment, and retention plans.
Lead the development and implementation of marketing plans (in coordination with and in support of leasing plans) for new developments and existing assets based upon each asset’s unique value proposition and the targeted customer to ensure company and asset rental rate, leasing velocity, physical occupancy, and economic occupancy goals are achieved.
- Lead the design, development, and execution of effective lead generation campaigns, including but not limited to email marketing, social media, community development, and U Life (resident life) events, and KPIs to evaluate and quantify results.
- Lead the development and execution of property online marketing initiatives including company websites, social media channels, SEO, and PPC advertising to appeal to customers.
- Lead the development and use of KPIs and data analysis to improve the effectiveness of asset’s marketing plans and financial results.
Collaborate with senior leadership of leasing and operations to build a cohesive, unified management team within the Property Management structure.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college /university required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant strategic marketing experience, including digital marketing with at least 3 years in a Senior Management role.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team; strong ability to inspire and coach, and history of
hiring, managing, leading, and mentoring high-performing teams.
- A robust background in all facets of marketing and experience turning data analysis into
tactical action plans that will drive occupancy and revenue growth.
- An acute understanding of digital marketing, including paid search, SEO, social media, Google Analytics, and websites.
- Expertise in advertising and marketing technology and campaign optimization.
- Up to date on emerging technology, advertising, and social media trends
- Proven ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to develop actionable insights, and a thorough understanding of cross-channel attribution.
- Experience overseeing a marketing budget, and holistically managing to spend allocation across channels.
- Ability to think strategically regarding short-, medium- and long-term marketing vision and goals
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a remote position.