MarketPro has been retained by a leading CPG company in search of a dynamic Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing. One of the fastest-growing large CPG companies in their category, this publicly-traded company continues to boldly pursue ambitious goals that outperform the industry. This role is for thought and creative leaders with expertise managing large marketing budgets (hundreds of millions of dollars) for their iconic brands. They have built a best-in-class portfolio because of their commitment to being courageous brand builders. As this innovative company continues to develop new products to meet consumer demands, they need a best-in-class ambitious pacesetter to lead marketing for their largest business unit.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Managing Director of the largest division, the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Brand Marketing is responsible for driving the growth of the portfolio via differentiated brand marketing and omnichannel strategies. With full oversight of the portfolio P&L, the SVP Brand Marketing, working in collaboration with cross-functional and external partners, is accountable to deliver margin and profitability goals. He/She will foster creativity, generate unbridled enthusiasm for the portfolio, and identify new and innovative ways to leverage our brands to establish intimacy and engender loyalty among consumers and customers.
The successful candidate will have strong consumer brand-building experience, a general manager mentality, a demonstrated creative and disruptive growth mindset, agile decision-making abilities, strong influence, and cross-functional team leadership skills, and effective stakeholder management abilities.
Build innovative marketing strategies that support the brand’s strategic imperatives to drive growth, market share expansion, and consumer engagement
- Evaluate brand strategies, including brand positioning; consumer and competitive targets; pricing; and execution requirements to deliver performance goals.
- Develop differentiated creative and promotional strategies to expand opportunities, capitalizing on consumer trends and brand permissions.
- Lead brand marketing disciplines to enhance brand equity, including category and brand business plans with full P&L; consumer loyalty; customer relationships; marketing communications (print, digital, social, PR, events); and analytics.
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs across all channels, including Direct to Consumer, 3 Tier E-Commerce, and Retail/Hospitality.
- Deliver aspirational consumer experiences across all marketing and consumer engagement channels.
Influence key functional partners in the development and delivery of key brand strategies through integrated planning processes.
- Direct annual operating planning, 3-year strategic planning, and brand planning calendars, including budget management and performance reporting.
- Build business opportunities in partnership with Sales, Distributors, and key on- and off-trade retail partners.
- Engage Consumer and Strategic analytics teams to turn insights into the top and bottom-line results.
- Champion the ideation, development, and launch of new products. Energize and motivate the organization around both near-term priorities and long-term strategies.
- Determine the appropriate balance of outside agencies in providing marketing services and thought leadership.
Grow, coach, and develop the Brand Marketing Team
- Ensure the team has the capabilities required to deliver the business strategy while providing challenging and aspirational career growth for individual team members.
- Cultivate a values-based, high-performance, and consumer-obsessed culture.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in elevating brands to new levels in innovative growth environments. He / She will bring a proven track record of leadership and strategic growth across an integrated, consumer-centric brand management function. Their background should combine sound analytic grounding, omnichannel perspective, and strategic acumen from top consumer products companies. Prospective candidates must be capable of working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment where creativity, intuition, and relationship management are important. Other desired experience/qualifications include:
- BA/BS required
- MBA highly desired
- Minimum 15+ years of brand management in a senior position with a significant role in brand/market strategy
- Proven track record of performance in an organization that is regarded for superior products/services and an innovative approach to the market
- Solid understanding of a three-tier distribution system, knowledge of the CPG industry, and/or fine and luxury DTC/retail experience preferred, but not required
- Strong culture and team development, including leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated team building are essential
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, including across internal functions (ex. sales, ops, finance,) and external (distributors, customers)
- Strong focus on profitability and brand growth
- Solid Trade and consumer focus
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, ability to prioritize, excellent project management skills, and solid financial acumen
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.