MarketPro is the leading retained marketing search firm in the US. MarketPro has partnered with a fast-growing European-based technology company that is looking for a leader who can build out its global marketing. This technology company serves hundreds of thousands of families across the globe.
We seek a person who may create virality around the brand and build a strong community and increase brand recognition. We want to be a top-of-mind brand when it comes to teaching your kid Science/ STEM subjects. This role is remote / to be based in the Eastern time zone / has to work on this time zone.
We are seeking a Modern, Innovative CMO that will:
- Investigating facts rather than listening to authorities
- Experimenting rather than guessing
- Numbers instead of opinions
- Passionate about science, education & families
As Head of Marketing, you will lead the way by defining a marketing strategy that positions the company as the thought leader in the EdTech space. You will continuously keep the brand top of mind and drive demand for our solutions. Based in the Eastern time zone, you will work closely with the European HQ marketing team. You take ultimate responsibility for the aggressive growth agenda for our marketing activities in the Americas, with a strong focus on demand generation. You will develop and oversee the delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy (awareness/thought leadership/campaigning/events / PR) for the Americas business. You will own all global marketing, including; demand generation, brand, marketing operations, market analysis and strategy, marketing communications, digital marketing, and public relations. You’re passionate about bringing a fast-growing B2C EdTech to the next level. Responsibilities of the CMO:
Responsibilities of the CMO
1. Marketing Leadership
- Define the marketing and growth strategies for the business reporting to the COO Align teams cross-functionally to maximum effectiveness and impact (product, marketing, and more)
- Lead a team of 13 digital marketers covering the following channels: Facebook, Google, Affiliate, Influencers, Email marketing, and a separate video production team available to support them.
- Hire relevant talent as needed (FTE target 20)
- Manage a yearly budget of USD $5-7M & report on the impact
- Develop relevant agency & partner relationships
- Become a core part of the executive team co-responsible for the overall success of the business to all stakeholders
2. Brand Building
- Drive the awareness & credibility of the MEL Science Brand closer to 15% in the short term
- Drive brand advocacy & referral from the current customer base & advocates
- Creative campaign development to generate virality around the passion of spending quality time with a family, learning together how the world around us works
3. Customer Acquisition & Growth – Target: 2X customer acquisition rate YoY.
- Deliver to customer growth targets working within the boundaries of target CPA
- Drive all acquisition marketing campaigns & channels both online and offline
- Create relevant campaigns to target the current largest customer segments: families, scientists, and teachers.
- Drive all PR and comms activities
- Develop influencer marketing
4. Customer Retention
- Build CRM programs to educate, nurture, retain and upsell the customer
- Build a customer & target audience community to increased engagement with the product
- Create referral loops for low-cost high impact acquisition
5. Customer Insights & Analytics
- Lead customer insights and user research initiatives
- Own customer segmentation
- Set up and manage all customer reporting & analytics
- You bring more than 10 years of experience of marketing experience; experience scaling DTC startups & scale-ups from Series A and beyond
- You have had proven success in Brand, PR, and Digital as a means to position the brand and its solutions
- You have a deep understanding of the development of compelling marketing plans, and the capacity to lead and drive a plan with sales teams;
- EdTech industry knowledge and experience
- First hand US market experience with an intimate understanding of US consumer culture & education industry
- Strong track record with brand building & creative differentiated purpose-led brands
- Previous ownership of P&L and sales targets required
- Strong analytical background with segmentation, reporting & attribution experience
- Proficient across both online & offline channels, including new platforms
- Experience managing diverse marketing and creative teams
- Ability to brief creative talent & create relevant brand guidelines: tone of voice, photography, video, design, and more
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a remote position.