MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with a top, national, non-profit brand in search of an Intranet Communications Manager to join their communications team in the Atlanta area. This is a long-term contract opportunity and available immediately. The role is virtual, but must be based in Atlanta for meetings.
The Intranet Communications Manager serves as the company communications focal point for their intranet and must excel in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively with the marketing and communications departments as well as the Press Relations Manager, Advertising Manager, and other leaders. They will manage the front and back end of the company intranet, ensuring the internal member’s readership can find the vital resources they need to do their jobs to the best of their ability. Areas of responsibility include internal business line-specific communications, executive communications, and colleague engagement.
- This person will function as the Manager for extranet for member organizations and intranet for national staff.
- Act as content manager for home pages, marketing, and communications sections, and other high-priority content areas (including content entry, HTML/CSS formatting, maintaining editorial calendar) to ensure content is accurate, relevant, and timely.
- Write business requirements for fixes and new enhancements and collaborate with IT, partners or agencies on development and implementation.
- Lead digital and social media, developing and executing cutting-edge strategies that enhance the brand and support business objectives.
- Manage all digital properties, developing and executing well-coordinated editorial calendars that align with media, advertising, and marketing communication campaigns.
- Develop and track SEO strategy to ensure optimal positioning for digital properties. Serve as communications focal point for the website, company customer portal.
- Perform and coordinate user acceptance testing to ensure intuitive and positive experiences. When it comes to design, interface, and usability, you’ve always got your end-user in mind.
- Manage information architecture and site governance, while creating collaborative co-working sites that support our culture
- Collaborate with communications team on strategies to drive an increase in users and usage
- Train and support net content managers to publish and update content
- Provide customer level support on site functionality and customizations
- Develop metrics dashboards, establish KPIs and provide ongoing analytics updates using Google Analytics
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- 3-5 years in a communications role with intranet management responsibilities
- Knowledge of content management systems (WordPress a plus)
- Well-versed in the Google apps suite (Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design skills; must be able to communicate concepts effectively.
- Substantial project management and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and change direction quickly according to fast-evolving business needs.
- Passionate, positive, self-starter who enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to deal with sensitive business information and meetings with appropriate discretion
- Must be comfortable working under pressure in challenging situations
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to excel in a matrixed environment.
- Extensive experience in developing communications strategies and brand management.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.