MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with one of the world’s leading medical device brands. For more than twenty years this organization has helped over 10 million respiratory patients in 75 countries. Their products play a critical role in hospital emergency, acute, and critical care units worldwide. Due to significant growth, we are in search of a Director of Marketing. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing MedTech company that’s impacting lives every day!
The Director of Marketing will lead marketing campaigns and programs that drive awareness, engagement, demand, and overall growth. Additionally, the Director will help guide digital transformation and will be tasked with creating a digitally-focused demand generation strategy that increases customer engagement across digital channels.
He/She will also be responsible for the downstream marketing plan development, optimization, demand generation, roll-out, and execution for all downstream (in-market) activities for customers and the sales team in established US markets. This includes messaging and positioning, branded internal and external communications (print, collateral, social media, and video) for target markets, as well as such markets as are introduced or launched.
The role requires outstanding working relationships with multiple functions within the company, as well as the establishment and maintenance of professional and clinical relationships on behalf of the brand throughout the clinical and Association communities in the US.
- Establish and expand digital engagement and overall demand generation strategy
- Create, refine, and execute the downstream US Marketing plans to deliver the company revenue and awareness objectives. This includes all message and value proposition development; recommendations on clinical data sufficiency and insufficiency; budgets; agency or contracted partner work; educational strategy and messaging (together with the Clinical and Commercial functions); and appropriate research to determine the effectiveness, awareness, and experience with products among the target audience and market as a whole.
- Lead all Professional Society Trade Show meetings and will own the development of compelling presence for the brand at such locations, including identification, presence, budget, messaging, sponsorship, speaking opportunities, and clinical development. This shall include both national, international, and state/province meetings if occurring in the Americas region.
- Identify unmet needs among current customers and feed such information into the Product Management function within the organization, working closely with both the Senior Product Manager and the Global Product Manager.
- Partner closely with the Commercial and Clinical teams, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships with key luminaries, thought leaders, trade or clinical associations, and others with clinical influence in order to ensure that the brand’s clinical data is both sufficient, persuasively presented, and clinically relevant.
- Responsible for analysis of the Marketing Plan and in-market results on a regular basis and will own coordination of all business reviews with distributors or internal parties, as requested or required.
- Provide input to the Sr Product Manager on the current product portfolio, and specifically, the sufficiency of products to meet identified clinical needs, as well as the opportunity to enhance or otherwise update the portfolio’s branding and technology.
- Develop the budget for the fiscal year and be accountable for maintaining fiscal discipline.
- Partner with both internal and external resources to develop appropriate educational opportunities (CEU, CE, and/or CME, or simply onboarding educational and re-educational material for current customers) to build the brand and grow usage of our products across modalities and disease opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing (Advanced degree preferred)
- 5-10 years of experience in medical device marketing, ideally at the Product or Brand Manager level (respiratory space preferred, but not required)
- Proven track record of success creating and executing marketing strategies
- Experience working with external vendors and agencies
- Experience developing and recruiting clinical luminaries and building productive relationships with professional societies
- Experience working with Field Sales teams in a collaborative and results-improving atmosphere
- Experience with a CRM platform (Salesforce or similar)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time (internationally and domestically)
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a Direct-Hire position.