MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with a top consumer brand that is in hyper-growth mode. This is an opportunity to work for a well-respected industry leader focused on innovation and delivering premium products to households across the globe.
Our client is committed to building brands that matter as they aim to meaningfully connect with consumers and retailers. We are seeking to hire a Brand Director with strong entrepreneurial spirits and passion for consumer marketing to join a dynamic team. As our Brand Director, you will join a dynamic, innovative Brand Marketing team and lead one of their flagship businesses. The Brand Director is responsible for the development and commercialization of end-to-end marketing strategies that deliver successful share, sales, and profit targets for a highly demanded category.
This position may be remote (preference is within a 2–4-hour distance) from their headquarters close to Columbus, Ohio. As there will be expectations to travel as needed to corporate.
You, as the Brand Director, will be responsible for developing long-term strategic plans that deliver top-line sales, margin, and profit objectives for the company’s brand. The Brand Director will serve as a key leader within the marketing team, working directly with the other key leaders to articulate, craft, and drive the Consumer Marketing strategies and programs for the brand and product portfolio. In addition, this person will be the brand portfolio steward for the company brand, as well as our portfolio of house and hero brands. The role is integral to fueling the brand’s continued growth and will be responsible for managing a multi-million-dollar budget to deliver optimal marketing impact and increased customer value.
In this role you will:
- Effectively lead and develop a dynamic brand team;
- Develop operating plans and execute strategies needed to meet top-line sales, margin, and contribution to profit objectives;
- Champion customer-focused marketing initiatives to ensure the success of the brand promise;
- Collaborate with category, digital, channel teams & product marketing leaders to ensure brand assets & standards are utilized appropriately
- Implement premium brand position and marketing plans to drive brand and product preference with customers.
- Understand the customer decision journey and how to translate that information into developing exciting and engaging marketing plans.
- Provide direction and guidance in the development of integrated marketing plans through advertising, content marketing, PR, and social media to ensure the attainment of business unit objectives and elevation of the brand.
- Communicate messaging, positioning, and brand promise consistently throughout all programs for assigned products and initiatives.
- Lead across the organization with your peers and in partnership with key functional areas (Sales, Research & Development, Supply Chain, Finance, Trade/Pricing/Promotions, Consumer Research, Creative Services, Legal, etc.)
- Oversee and take an active role in the recruitment, selection, and development of talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing (Masters preferred)
- 7+ years progressive brand marketing experience in CPG and/or consumer products brand environment
- 7+ years of experience in Consumer Marketing within a consumer products brand and at least 3 years of experience leading teams.
- Additional success criteria include proven experience in the brand position and developing and executing marketing communication strategies in support of business goals
- Experience with PR and social media initiatives, strong project management skills, and strategic Experience in media planning, advertising creative and concept development
- Shows a passion for the consumers, customers, and associates
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, resilient to adversity, and adapting with flexibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – proven ability to develop and execute new ideas – willing to champion new and different ideas even in the face of strong challenges
- Demonstrated ability to build a successful business plan & gain buy-in with senior leadership:
- Enterprise-wide Experience – ability to understand how work fits into the broader enterprise objectives
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a remote position.