MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with a high-growth, mature B2B brand in Chicago, IL. Our client is seeking to hire a digitally savvy B2B marketing generalist to lead their marketing to enable growth. This person will shape the company’s marketing future. Looking for a leader who can be a strategic marketer, a strategic member of the executive leadership team, and also roll up their sleeves and help a small team get things done. This role will report directly to the President & CEO, with dotted line responsibility to the VP of Business Development, and will be a highly visible position. Initially, AVP Marketing will lead a team of three, with expected growth to meet business needs.
This new AVP of Marketing is an integral member of the leadership team, supporting all lines of business, developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our company’s brand. The primary focus of this role will be to drive growth in the company’s targeted market segments. Responsibilities for this role include partnering with the President & CEO and the VP of Business Development on strategic marketing initiatives to increase company exposure, advance our reputation, position the company for new business pursuits, enforce consistency and brand standards to position the brand for maximum organic growth.
Key growth drivers include demand gen, digital, account-based marketing, and services marketing to support the sales team, lead trade show strategy and execution, create client testimonials and marketing collateral, assist in the integration of acquisitions, and manage a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Set national marketing vision and company brand and determine steps required for execution (digital, demand gen, ABM, content marketing, public relations, etc.)
- Direct marketing efforts to achieve company objectives that contribute to our high growth goals
- Strategic communications ability, exceptional writing, and editing skills to maximize external communication initiatives
- Work with the President & CEO and VP of Business Development to drive revenue, implement ways to improve the level of engagement and adoption at every stage
- Develop customer-targeted marketing content (website, presentations, collateral, etc.) with strong value messaging and storytelling.
- Define buyers’ journey and meet the target market with appropriate messaging and each step.
- Proactively identify and develop field events (conferences, trade shows, special events) and communication strategies that will result in increased visibility and profitable growth
- Experience with the build and implementation of CRM and marketing tech stack
- Identify and develop best practices; build templates to enable the marketing team to create best-in-class campaigns
- Track and measure the impact of marketing activities and ensure refinements are made to optimize results.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a nice to have
- 8+ years marketing experience in B2B Transportation, Service, or Technology industry
- 3+ years leading and motivating marketing professionals with a track record of proven success
- Experience developing marketing plans/strategies in the B2B space required and B2G space preferred
- A track record of developing and leading successful marketing and communications campaigns that achieve specific, measurable results
- Proven demand generation marketing campaign experience
- Strong competence in digital, content, branding, and cross-channel customer experience
- Ability to market to a very broad audience that includes nearly every imaginable demographic
- Experience in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment where change is constant
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.