“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” ―Steve Jobs
MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with a top 5 payment processor in the US that is in the middle of making a strategic shift toward software and technology as the value proposition. Together, we’re in search of their next VP of POS Strategy. This role is on the executive leadership team and will play a key role in shaping the future of the company.
Reporting to the President, this position will be responsible for leading the go-to-market strategy for all POS products. This includes restaurants, retail, register, terminals, mobile, and all legacy Point of Sale products. The person in this role will be evaluating all opportunities with new and existing products to drive market share, new customer acquisition, wallet share per customer in order to expand revenues and maximize profitability across the portfolio. Primary KPIs are merchants, number of products per merchant, revenue per merchant, NPS (customer advocacy) score, and revenue per employee.
This VP of POS Strategy will indirectly lead and influence a team of operations, business analysts, and support employees and will work to implement the strategy and go-to-market plan across a functionalized team for key point of sale responsibilities including product, marketing, sales, business development, finance, legal, operations, and customer support.
- Responsibility for the go-to-market strategy for all POS products using existing distribution channels
- Overseeing and establishing a best-in-class operations model for finance, billing, reporting, and customer support
- Working with Product Management to prioritize the product roadmap to meet revenue and business initiatives
- Working with Business Development and our Outside/Inside Sales channels to maximize new customer acquisition and increase upsell to existing customers
- Working with marketing to maximize brand awareness and demand generation for Point of Sale products
- Developing a best-in-class customer experience from awareness and consideration to onboarding and retention of the customer
- Working with marketing and sales to automate and expedite the sales cycle to 5 business days
- Overseeing the point of sale P&L, establishing KPIs across all channels and products, and identifying opportunities/risks based on financial analysis
- Manage multi-million budget and make critical decisions for resource allocation
- As a key member of the executive team mentor, motivate, and lead a team of direct reports and a large team of cross-functional supporting teams
- As the face of point of sale to the business, be able to communicate the vision, plan, and results to the wider brand on a regular basis
- Report on, present the POS vision, strategy, plan, and results to the Sr Executive team and C-Suite
- Be responsible for a multi-million dollar budget, the team, and all the technology required to run email campaigns, lead nurturing, scoring, etc.
- Identify inefficiencies and implement processes and systems within the operations, product, communications, and financial functions of the Point of Sale business
- Minimum of 5 years leading a point of sale or software business at the executive level
- Minimum of 15 years proven work experience in B2B software, point of sale, fintech, or related businesses
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to strategically architect a department and develop team members.
- Strong understanding of the SMB point of sale and payments market
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing, business development, and finance
- Visionary mindset as it relates to leading a B2B financial technology company
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to make difficult decisions.
- Fundamental understanding of the interworking elements of partners, dealers, sales, marketing, product, and technology
- Strong analytic and project management skills and obsession with performance reporting
- Strong understanding of financial and budgetary processes including department budgets and P&L statements.
- Preferred: BS Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Marketing
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a remote position.