MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with one of the world leaders in medical devices. For more than twenty years this organization has helped over 10 million respiratory patients in 75 countries. Their products play a critical role in hospital emergency, acute, and critical care units worldwide. Due to significant growth, we are in search of the next Director of Clinical Education.
The Director of Clinical Education, North America is responsible for growing the business by delivering consultative support and product education to customers. Play a vital role in developing key education strategies and implementation of growth initiatives to increase penetration of company technology throughout the care continuum. A key component of this position is to integrate education throughout the sales cycle by collaborating with sales, marketing, and clinical teams to break the existing habits of our customer base. Participate with the sales team in customer meetings and presentations to meet or exceed account objectives.
Reports to Head of Commercial Excellence, North America, and works closely with Sales & Medical Affairs teams.
- Manage all clinical education programs and events (300+) in North America; continuing education programs, clinical educators
- Work in close collaboration with sales, marketing & medical affairs organizations to design educational content, delivery mechanisms, and effortless customer experience
- Educate customers and sales representatives through regional meeting presentations, workshops, and key customer presentations to support the goals of the regional sales team
- Develop sales and marketing tools to support commercial objectives; customer-facing collateral, online education portal, event calendars, and more.
- Build relationships with industry thought leaders, influencers, technology adopters and refine utilization plan to accelerate peer to peer interactions within multiple acute care verticals.
- Own KPI tracking, program analytics, and communication of results throughout the commercial organization. Monitor performance of key accounts and manage resource allocation by utilizing the tools required to measure return on investment.
- Provide program development leadership to salesforce for all Education Programs, as needed, on topic selection, speaker recruitment, industry and speaker resources, and best practices.
- Lead Clinical Education team of 3, with ongoing expansion plans. Establish best practices for salesforce utilization and development of clinical education program.
- Identify and develop reference sites, super users, and influencers to support customer inquiries for best practices, protocols, staff and patient training, and more.
- Provide field training and support as needed to new hires, customers, and clinical educators.
- 7 years of experience with a strong preference for experience in medical devices or hospital healthcare
- Outstanding analytical skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex business issues
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the company.
- Demonstrable track record of displaying good judgment in business decisions and ethical business behavior
- Must have a high level of professional drive, motivation, energy, and entrepreneurship, consistently taking initiative to drive business performance
- Able to stay organized, operate independently with high quality and high detail orientation.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership – global marketing, clinical, sales, marketing, and numerous ‘consulting’ bodies (key opinion leaders, clinical educators, etc.)
- Outstanding leadership abilities across people and projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a preferred science background
- Experience as RN or RT (Respiratory Therapist) preferred
- Experience in the respiratory therapeutic area and the acute care hospital setting
- Experience within a global manufacturing organization, including exposure to R&D/Engineering, Sales/Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Operations/Manufacturing.
- Experience in working with a range of customers including MDs and demonstrating full account stakeholder management from nurse/technicians through to MD and pharmacy director level
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key customers and strategic partners (KOL’s, contracted roles, and distributors)
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time or remote position.