Ready to Create, Innovate, & Lead?
Looking for an opportunity to build a marketing strategy for a nearly 2-Billion-dollar company? MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with an industry-leading company searching for its first Vice President of Marketing in its 80+ year history!
A successful Vice President of Marketing will be a service-obsessed, highly analytical, data-oriented, innovative, and team-focused professional that is ready to BUILD!
As a hands-on leader, the VP will be fully responsible for driving the marketing vision and providing comprehensive Brand, Product, and Customer strategies. As a member of the senior leadership team, this role will be very strategic with an emphasis on enhancing the company’s overall positioning in the market. The VP will support the executive team in the development of corporate strategic initiatives that are expected to make an immediate and significant impact.
What you’ll be doing
Brand & Communication
- Oversee and direct the planning and execution of the company’s overall branding and marketing strategy.
- Responsible for the delivery and management of external and internal company communications.
- Develop programs to grow the company’s reputation and generate demand; establishes metrics to monitor communications performance.
- Stay on top of current marketing practices and implement test and learn initiatives to identify breakthrough new strategies that can drive sales, maintain brand relevance, and have a positive brand impact.
- Establish product strategy, roadmap, and tactical execution of priorities for marketing all products, working closely with executive leadership to deliver market-leading and competitive solutions.
- Collaborate with the business units to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products, internally and externally.
- Create compelling product marketing that helps customers understand key features and benefits.
- Challenge existing standards of product excellence and propose new standards continuously.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with sales management to develop strategies for sales opportunities.
- Develop and drive a 3-5-year strategic plan for our customer insights and analytics initiatives.
- Analyze market and competition in order to position the company in the desired market position in line with the company vision and strategy.
- Oversee customer research and help shape the path forward for the company by leveraging the insights learned.
- Develop and deploy key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the sales team.
- Leverage and assess relevant market intelligence (market conditions, industry trends, and audience profiles) to result in increased program effectiveness.
- Consistently identify revenue opportunities within our established customer base and prospective new accounts
- Collaborate with the executive team to plan, implement, and manage an integrated marketing strategy to drive maximum revenue.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on business initiatives.
- Coach marketing team members to be accountable and maximize their effectiveness with specific goals and measurable KPI’s.
- Manage in-house Creative team (design, copywriting, photography, production, retouching, etc.) and any external creative resources to ensure we develop imagery, voice, and content that is true to our brands’ positioning and compelling.
- Set KPIs, measure, and report on the impact of marketing efforts.
- Influence and drive the company’s culture and be a champion of that culture and direction.
What you’ll bring
- Persuasive, collaborative – able to work with multiple stakeholders across business units.
- Great at building and maintaining relationships, fostering an environment of mutual respect, understanding, and trust.
- Strong strategic management and planning skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker – a true visionary with the ability to act as an agent of change.
- Proven record translating marketing and promotional objectives into results.
- Strong analytic skills and strong financial/business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrated presentation skills.
- Competitive desire with a strong personal and professional competency in the marketing discipline.
- Strong leadership and project development skills.
- Ability to display unwavering integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required (MBA highly preferred).
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing and/or advertising.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role at a company with scale
- Prior experience working in a service and/or logistics related industry is preferred (B2B is a plus!).
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.