MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with one of the nation’s top outdoor lifestyle brands. Together we are looking for a dynamic eCommerce leader to elevate the brand through multiple channels. Reporting to the VP Marketing, The Director of eCommerce will be the principal architect and leader of the company’s e-commerce strategy and execution, including web operations, performance marketing and merchandising, omnichannel, and customer care for the brand online.
Director will own the .com store and the strategy, pricing, and execution of branded products on global 3rd party marketplaces including Amazon. eCommerce leader will play a critical role on the leadership team, facilitating the continued growth of e-commerce and championing a relentless focus on a customer-centric, seamless omnichannel experience. The overall goal of this role is to increase online sales and overall drive growth for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the global eCommerce strategies and teams for the organization
- Accountable for growing online customers and revenue, increasing consumer engagement per click and post-click on landing pages, and delivering strong margins for new customer growth
- Responsible for the P&L of the e-commerce channel and will be charged with developing strategies to enhance the brand and deliver profitable growth
- Increase online consumer engagement
- Develop and drive digital KPIs for team
- Responsible for development of full-funnel digital new customer acquisition strategies that improve engagement of consumer digital experience
- Management functions include demand creation, DTC, marketing of .com and retail partners (ex. Amazon, Walmart, Jet.com, eBay International)
- Collaborate with other executives on key channel executions: content marketing, social, and influencer community
- Partner cross-functionally to collaborate on the strategy of all channels and the execution of the digital customer experience
- Oversee e-commerce (operations, online merchandising) and relationships with vendors who drive the digital strategy
- Drives incremental sales and profit via e-commerce, oversees the P&L
- Oversees budget development and manages within budgetary guidelines
- Leads website execution of strategic retention goals, file targets, and financial performance by customer segment, including new customer acquisition strategies
- Provides a superior quality shopping user experience for the customer, including elements like a compelling visual presentation, easy navigation, and an efficient shopping experience
- Utilizes customer information/insights and response rates to develop strategies that have an immediate impact on driving results for the business Ensures that e-commerce efforts support corporate brand positioning
- Establishes performance objectives, appraises and rewards performance, coaches, and develops direct reports through assignments, training, and regular feedback
- Minimum 7 years leading a data-driven merchandising/eCommerce strategy and execution
- BA/BS degree in economics, mathematics, marketing, or related fields
- Deep knowledge of site merchandising best practices, eCommerce functionality, and technology; strong design sensibility; knowledge of industry best practices in UX, Site Merchandising, and speed.
- Excellent leadership, communication skills, and a successful track record of developing and retaining world-class talent.
- Must be a consummate team player, actively engaging with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong business acumen; expert knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Well-versed in eCommerce KPI’s and proficient in analyzing data for site merchandising, pricing, promotion, and functionality decisions.
- Experience managing vendors, projects, and budgets
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time position.