Are you a consumer marketing executive with startup experience? Led a digitally enabled business? A serial entrepreneur who is passionate about solving business challenges and thinking outside of the box? Do you have a proven track record of successfully launching new products and/or businesses and driving accelerated growth? Have you launched a disruptive product and solution? If this sounds like you, I have an intriguing opportunity!
MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has been retained by a top CPG brand headquartered in Ohio in search of their next Vice President of Marketing to step into a newly created role leading a new venture. This category is critical to the future of the brand and is viewed as the growth engine for the business.
What makes this opportunity different? The approach. The Vice President will serve as an intrapreneur helping to accelerate innovation, test and explore new opportunities, pivot quickly and think creatively while transitioning away from traditional innovation and marketing methodologies that historically stifle speed in larger organizations.
The Vice President of Marketing will lead in developing a business and implementation plan for the next level as well as helping to lead the strategy and continued integration of the Business Unit.
This position will strategize and execute our vision for this platform to extend across a broad spectrum of the category leveraging internal and external resources. The wide range of responsibilities will include oversight and representation of their relationship with joint venture partners while facilitating strategic planning with them. It will also help in identifying partnerships and/or acquisition targets, help curate genetics and logistics including direct-to-consumer opportunities, managing and developing a high performing team, while leading and managing one of the Company’s top initiatives. All of this in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop a team that focuses on a game-changing marketing approach in acquiring new consumer audiences and retaining the existing consumer base.
- Set and execute the vision for the category while working closely with external partners
- Lead and execute high visibility projects focused on understanding customer behaviors and identifying opportunities for improving and optimizing customer experiences
- Develop strong relationships with joint venture partners and internal cross-functional teams driving effective collaboration across sales, marketing, supply chain, and R&D
- Develop and implement launch plans for new segments, line extensions, and brands including key direct to consumer brands and opportunities.
- Be the subject matter expert for the rapidly evolving trend for at-home improvement category by existing and new users including driving a strategy for consumer insights, trends, etc.
- Leverage synergies within the core business to drive more success within the overall category while enhancing our Direct to Consumer capabilities
- Direct and bring to market key R&D platforms and genetics
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or Business degree a plus
- 15+ years of experience in digitally-enabled businesses
- Experience with successful startup
- Solid prior experience in marketing capabilities and automation
- Strong people/project leadership and demonstrated ability to partner closely with multiple teams to drive outcomes
- Comfortable working with senior leaders across the organization, making recommendations and creating executive updates
- Ability to effectively work across multiple projects and initiatives, with a constant need to prioritize based on outcomes
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to effectively work independently, as well as part of a team and across functions and levels of the organization
- Possesses high self-awareness and emotional intelligence including strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Reports to Chief Marketing Officer
- The leadership of 2-3 direct reports and 4-5 indirect reports
- Member of the Marketing leadership team
- 20% travel
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.