MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has been retained by a top CPG brand headquartered in Columbus, Ohio in search of their next Brand Marketing Director to step into a newly created role leading a new venture. This category is critical to the future of the brand and is viewed as the growth engine for the business.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a strategic imperative of the organization – to redefine and accelerate an already growing category. This position will strategize and execute the vision for the Live Goods category to extend across a broad spectrum of the gardening category. This individual will manage the market-leading brand, the #1 brand for home gardeners in the United States. This company is rapidly growing and evolving to meet and exceed the needs of a new generation of growers, including expanding into new types of plants like tropicals/houseplants, succulents, and flowers. It’s an exciting time to come grow with us!
If you have an innate entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for innovative thinking, and a desire to lead a dynamic team- this is the right fit. You, as the Brand Director, will be responsible for developing long term strategic plans that deliver top-line sales, margin, and profit objectives for the brand and other aspects as we continue to expand the portfolio. The Brand Director is also accountable for product and marketing innovation, business operations, advertising, packaging, point of sale, and all other areas that directly influence brand success.
In this role you will:
- Effectively lead and develop a dynamic brand team;
- Develop operating plans and execute strategies needed to meet top-line sales, margin, and contribution to profit objectives;
- Identify potential new partners that help advance the live goods vision and strategies.
- Manage budgets and initiatives to deliver EBITA;
- Establish brand priorities and develop the strategic direction for the brand and gain alignment with key internal constituents;
- Lead innovation across all 4-P’s with a key focus on new products, technology, and business models;
- Oversee efforts on omnichannel programs with key retailers – including The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, and Amazon- partnering with sales and eCommerce teams.
- Ensure all marketing activities are on strategy and consistent with spending principles/budgeting;
- Lead across the organization and in partnership with key functional areas (Sales, Research & Development, Supply Chain, Finance, Trade/Pricing/Promotions, Consumer Research, Creative Services, Legal, etc.);
- Oversee and take an active role in the recruitment, selection, and development of talent.
The perfect person will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or Business degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years experience in brand management
- 5+ years experience in CPG/consumer products entrepreneurial type businesses
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, resilient to adversity, and adapting with flexibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – proven ability to develop and execute new ideas – willing to champion new and different ideas even in the face of strong challenges
- Solid prior experience in marketing capabilities and automation
- Strong people/project leadership and demonstrated ability to partner closely with multiple teams to drive outcomes
- Comfortable working with senior leaders across the organization, making recommendations and creating executive updates
- Ability to effectively work across multiple projects and initiatives, with a constant need to prioritize based on outcomes
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to effectively work independently, as well as part of a team and across functions and levels of the organization
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.