MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has been retained by one of the fastest-growing nonprofit providers of online education in search of a newly created position – Chief Product Officer. This role has been established to take a new progressive approach to product innovation and product management. The CPO will architect this new product methodology with business-acumen, strategy, learning, and business efficacy. The goal – to curate a best-in-class academic experience, bring forth operational excellence, and deliver the next generation of digital education solutions.
Reporting to the President and serving as a member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Product Officer (CPO) will design and develop product strategies and oversee portfolio management for the university. The CPO will work extensively with members of the executive leadership team to create a framework that will optimize current offerings, grow adjacencies, and rapidly develop and launch impactful new services. The CPO will establish him/herself as a visionary and trusted leader for the University.
The CPO will be responsible for all aspects of product and portfolio management, including the establishment of key performance indicators and metrics that will measure the performance of the University’s programs. S/he will partner with leaders from Marketing, Student Experience, and the Innovation Center to determine how the University can best meet the changing needs of the higher education market.
This organization has experienced explosive growth over the past 10 years and has ambitious plans for continued expansion. Its culture and people are viewed as critical components of its success. The University is seeking a servant-leader who is skilled at developing his/her team and who derives satisfaction from the accomplishments of others.
The Chief Product Officer role is well suited to an executive who is seeking an exceptional degree of responsibility and who thrives in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and mission-oriented environment.
- Develop and drive the execution of a strategic framework in support of the organization’s portfolio of services.
- Establish a clear product/portfolio roadmap for University.
- Advance the University’s mission by creating high quality, affordable, and innovative pathways to higher education that meet the unique needs of every student.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the organization to drive competitive advantage.
- Provide data on the performance of the current portfolio and determine the likelihood of success for new offerings.
- Develop an understanding, based on data, of how a brand compares with competitors in the landscape.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to deliver white-glove service to learners in a digital environment.
- Identify opportunities for incremental improvements within the existing portfolio.
- Provide guidance to the University on where to invest and where to change course.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.