MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm is proud to partner with a national non-profit committed to ensuring that every abused or neglected child can be safe, establish stability, and have the opportunity to thrive. This mission-based organization is ready to hire their very first Chief Marketing Officer in the non-profits 30+ year history. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with additional offices in Washington D.C. and Atlanta, GA; this role can be based in either location.
This high-profile position is responsible for driving revenue and growth for the organization, hence they will need to understand the target market and enhance the company’s brand by reinforcing the value proposition via all available marketing channels. The ideal candidate must be passionate, mission-driven, analytically driven, and exceptionally creative/innovative in driving profitable growth in size, reach, and programmatic scope.
The Chief Marketing Officer’s primary responsibility will be to create innovative marketing strategies that will build the brand, increase awareness, volunteer engagement, and revenue in support of the non-profit’s mission. The CMO will develop strategies to generate revenue and increase volunteers and ambassadors through successful marketing campaigns across a broad spectrum of marketing channels, utilizing market research, business modeling, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations. The CMO will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, leadership, execution, and management of all marketing and revenue-generating strategies designed to broaden awareness and support of the non-profit and its mission. This position will forge partnerships and alliances that will enable the organization to expand its reach, diversify giving channels, and increase resources. The CMO will lead the marketing staff.
The Chief Marketing Officer partners closely with the CEO and Deputy CEO to plan marketing and fundraising strategies that will ensure a strong future for the non-profit’s network and positives outcomes for children. Collaborate with other c-suite leaders in the organization.
The Chief Marketing Officer will report directly to the Deputy CEO.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan and ROI model to advance the revenue goals of the organization; increase volunteer engagement and broaden awareness of national programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences and digital properties.
- Lead execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy, successfully growing revenue and supporter base meeting organizational goals
- Develop and leverage powerful donor and influencer networks to generate leads for Development
- Partner with Development to create a solid plan to reach major and small gift donors that reflects segmentation, targeting, and value proposition development
- Create a marketing/public relations strategy that results in better cultivation and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including key influencers, partners, and donors.
- Develops corporate sponsorship, co-branding, and cause-related marketing strategies to engage more corporations and establish partnerships and engagement in the work that we do at the National, State, and Local levels.
- Establish a best-in-class web presence that drives organizational impact, donations, and volunteer support, and supports aggressive fundraising and awareness growth goals.
- Create an impactful social media presence that empowers stakeholders to spread mission virally.
- Partner with Development to create a solid plan to reach major and small gift donors that reflects segmentation, targeting, and value proposition development.
- Mastermind and execute innovative stakeholder communications strategies to educate and inform current supporters about activities and accomplishments.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or for-profit organization with a significant role in marketing and fundraising.
- Strong strategic, creative, and business acumen resulting in the advancement of the goals and objectives of an organization.
- Superior communication and leadership skills with a proven track record in developing and implementing successful marketing, volunteer recruitment, and fundraising campaigns.
- Significant evidence of success in generating revenue for an organization.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Exceptional analytical skills applied to market segmentation and maximizing ROls
- Significant experience in managing diverse team s to execute well, work collaboratively, and continually innovate. Track record of delivering superior results while earning the respect of others
- Demonstrated diplomacy in working with diverse cultures, audiences, sensitive situations, and subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high-level presentation skills, in addition to excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills including influencing, leading, negotiation, and delegation skills
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.