MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with a top consumer organization close to Columbus, Ohio committed to building brands that matter across a wide portfolio of products. As they aim to meaningfully connect with consumers and retailers, we seek candidates with strong entrepreneurial spirits and passion for consumer marketing to join a dynamic team.
We are looking for a Brand Director who will join a dynamic, innovative Brand Marketing team and lead one of their flagship businesses. The Brand Director is responsible for the development and commercialization of end to end marketing strategies that deliver successful share, sales, and profit target for a highly-demanded category. This position will be based at their world headquarters just 30 minutes northwest of Columbus, Ohio.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the over 40-year-old brand while driving growth using emerging media and marketing trends. If you have an innate entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for innovative thinking, and a desire to lead a dynamic team- this is the right fit. You, as the Brand Director, will be responsible for developing long term strategic plans that deliver top-line sales, margin, and profit objectives for the company’s brand. The Brand Director is also accountable for product and marketing innovation, business operations, advertising, packaging, point of sale, and all other areas that directly influence brand success.
In this role you will:
- Effectively lead and develop a dynamic brand team;
- Develop operating plans and execute strategies needed to meet top-line sales, margin, and contribution to profit objectives;
- Manage budgets and initiatives to deliver EBITA;
- Establish brand priorities and develop the strategic direction for the brand and gain alignment with key internal constituents;
- Lead innovation across all 4-P’s with a key focus on new products, technology, and business models;
- Ensure all marketing activities are on strategy and consistent with spending principles/budgeting;
- Lead across the organization with your peers and in partnership with key functional areas (Sales, Research & Development, Supply Chain, Finance, Trade/Pricing/Promotions, Consumer
- Research, Creative Services, Legal, etc.);
- Oversee and take an active role in the recruitment, selection, and development of talent.
The perfect person will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in brand management
- Shows a passion for the consumers, customers, and associates
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, resilient to adversity, and adapting with flexibility
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – proven ability to develop and execute new ideas – willing to champion new and different ideas even in the face of strong challenges
- Demonstrated ability to build a successful business plan & gain buy-in with senior leadership:
- Enterprise-wide Experience – the ability to understand how work fits into the broader enterprise objectives
- Creative Problem Solving – the ability to dig deeper to understand complex problems and develop innovative solutions. Exhibits intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to both paint a vision – as well as the ability to roll-up sleeves and get hands dirty to make things happen. Bias for action – results-driven individual
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – the ability to thrive in creating win/win partnerships. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead in a collaborative, multi-functional team environment
- Experience in media planning, advertising creative and concept development
- Proven track record of developing, coaching, and managing others. Empowers others by pushing decision making and work to the right level in the organization
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.