MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with an innovative CPG company that has spent the last thirty years developing award-winning, environmentally-sound, green products for households around the world. Together we are in search of a Vice President of Marketing to join a fast-growing team.
The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for leading, developing, and inspiring a growing marketing team while driving revenue across channels through oversight of performance marketing. This marketing leader is responsible for the strategic and tactical direction, leading the development and execution of the omnichannel strategy, retail marketing, brand awareness, consumer engagement, eCommerce, digital marketing, advertising, and innovation efforts. The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for maximizing the impact of marketing opportunities to build brand growth and drive online and retail store sales.
The ideal candidate for this position has deep experience in multi-channel marketing including online, business to business sales, and retail stores. He or she will add to the culture of the organization and has the ability to build effective relationships with peers in key cross-functional departments like Merchandising, Operations, Purchasing, Product Development, Finance, and Interactive Marketing.
- Leading marketing team to include consumer marketing, advertising/social media, eCommerce / Omnichannel strategy, retail marketing, and innovation to develop and manage marketing objectives, goals, and strategies.
- This is a hands-on role that requires a strong combination of creative thinking and quantitative skills to identify growth opportunities, define strategy, and implement programs that are both brand building and ROI metrics-driven.
- Drive strategy and execution of consumer marketing across owned and paid channels
- Developing a high performing team, creating people growth opportunities, and building a culture of marketing excellence and innovation.
- Leading the strategic development and execution of all advertising, promotion, retail marketing, digital & CRM initiatives for both consumer marketing (to consumers) and B2B marketing
- Develop and execute both a 3-year growth plan & annual marketing plan
- Creating and developing mid to long-term innovation roadmap for both new and existing categories which is insight-driven and actionable
- Working together with Sales to develop a meaningful and mutually beneficial relationship with customers as a leader in the category
- Creating a high-performance “one team” culture that instills integrity, creativity, teamwork, insight, and excellence throughout the marketing organization.
- 12+ years proven success in consumer marketing (CPG) preferably through rapid growth phases
- Proven track record of success driving omnichannel marketing strategy that’s resulted in significant growth
- Strong understanding of retail marketing and increasing sales through big-box retailers
- Bachelor’s Degree required, additional business-oriented Master’s a plus
- A reputation for taking smart risks and bringing ideas to life
- Proven success building effective teams who understand our consumers and developing talent
- A highly collaborative approach with the ability to lead across and collaborate with all types of functions (Finance, Operations, Product, Senior Leadership, etc.)
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.