MarketPro, the leading marketing executive search firm has partnered with an innovative CPG company that has spent the last thirty years developing award-winning, environmentally-sound, green products for households around the world. Together we are in search of an eCommerce Manager to join a fast-growing team.
The eCommerce Manager, eMarketplace will work in collaboration with the eCommerce, Sr Manager to plan, develop, support, and grow revenue through the brand’s Marketplace presence. This individual is skilled in emarketplace strategy and the operational management of Amazon, eBay, Walmart and other eMarketplaces, providing insight on how to optimize the channels and recommendations to the leadership team. This role will focus on growing revenue through the brand’s eMarketplace presence while maximizing overall margin and profitability. This role works closely with sales, marketing, business operations, operations, and finance teams to ensure customers have a positive online experience. Success in this role depends on driving profitable, measurable e-commerce sales growth.
- Define and execute strategies to drive sales on the brand’s eMarketplace presence.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to expand to additional marketplaces, domestically, and internationally. Develop and execute plans to launch new eMarketplaces.
- Partner with brand managers and marketing teams to create ideal online assortments recommend pricing strategies and ensuring alignment with brick and mortar and brand websites.
- Partner with operations and marketing team on product launches, quality-control investigations, packaging concerns, and other logistics challenges.
- Provide input to Sr. Manager, eCommerce on sales estimates, and emarketplace profitability.
- Manage Amazon inventory and demand planning based on data analysis and forecasting. Ensure adequate on-hand stock for projected sales volumes and sales promotions.
- Track shipments and ensure accurate receipt at Amazon fulfillment centers; Review and dispute chargebacks and resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Monitor returns, track return rate, and escalate potential issues.
- Manage Authorized Seller Program; investigate leaks in the distribution network in order to maintain the dominant brand and merchant position on eMarketplaces.
- Develop and negotiate agreements with distributors and third-party support vendors.
- Monitor products, sellers, and pricing on eMarketplaces; collaborate with marketing and sales teams to optimize sales and address issues. Maintain tracking lists of 3rd party sellers and product sources.
- Monitor, track, and enforce MAP Policy; coordinate follow-up requests and questions with MAP monitoring vendor.
- Manage brand registry and account set up, including operating terms and product listings.
- Oversee Amazon advertising and storefront optimization.
- List new products and ensure Amazon content is accurate, up-to-date, and optimized; submit tickets to consolidate pages and correct content issues.
- Write on-brand content for eMarketplaces that clarifies product features and benefits, value propositions and use cases, and drives customer enthusiasm.
- Maximize product merchandising on eMarketplace product detail pages. Collaborate with marketing, design, and external resources to implement best practices to maximize conversion.
- Continually review and optimize search & positioning strategies to significantly grow relevance for key SKUs.
- Work in collaboration with marketing and external agencies to drive traffic, execute campaigns/ promotions, and develop enhanced content to improve consumer engagement, increase organic search ranking, and drive revenue.
- Manage the customer service relationship; respond to buyers and monitor and maintain high seller rating.
- Define procedures and guidelines for Amazon product review management. Monitor and respond to reviews as needed.
- Interact with consumers via Q&A; review feedback to drive engagement and positive sentiment.
- Research and recommend third-party solutions to improve efficiency, functionality, and sales performance.
- Make ongoing recommendations to improve processes and workflow.
- Work in collaboration with Marketing Analytics and Visualization Lead to create and distribute reporting for websites and Amazon; analyze data, develop reporting dashboards, and provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitor ecommerce email boxes.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for eMarketplaces, MAP, and mailboxes; train back-up resources, as needed.
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices in eMarketplaces and eCommerce.
Experience / Requirements
- 5 years of relevant experience in an eCommerce, channel management, or digital marketing role.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience supporting and maintaining Amazon 3P/1P (Seller Central, Amazon Business) marketplaces. 3P FBA experience required.
- Strong familiarity with the Amazon policies.
- Solid understanding of Amazon organic search ranking, content optimization, and factors influencing product conversion.
- Expert inventory planning and management capabilities.
- Strong online merchandising capabilities.
- Proven track record of managing & driving all KPIs for given Amazon responsibilities.
- Amazon vendor negotiation experience a plus.
- Ability to extract meaning from large volumes of data to recommend the right business decisions.
- Strong aptitude to identify and improve business processes.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly excel.
- Excellent organization and project management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral, written, listening).
- Strong collaborative problem solver.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required in eCommerce, Digital Marketing, Communications, or related field.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.