MarketPro, a marketing executive search firm, has partnered with a well-known and respected company that is a leading service provider safeguarding North American utility infrastructure. Together, we are in search of a Vice President of Marketing to serve as a critical member on the leadership team.
As the company seeks to bring structural and strategic discipline to marketing within the segment, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for developing market strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking industry changes; identifying customers and their current and future needs; and monitoring the competition. Using best practice processes (strategy, branding and marketing communications, market analytics), he/she is charged with developing best-in-class processes to use market intelligence, and understanding the market drivers, analytics and financial modeling to shape the selection and development of new solutions, services, and value propositions. The role will also strengthen the effectiveness of internal and external market communications including the use of digital communications.
The VP will have overall responsibility for identifying the strategic “sweet spots” for future growth. This individual will develop the acquisition funnel and liaise with the corporate M&A team. In addition, working with Sales, R&D, Engineering, Delivery, and Quality, he/she will evaluate the current state of the business; identify white space/gaps that are emerging in the industry; understand the regulatory environment and its influences on the business; develop growth & pricing strategies; build a roadmap to capitalize on those gaps, and increase the profitable growth rate of the business. The VP will be responsible for strategic market planning, and vertical marketing best practices.
The ideal candidate will be an executive who is accustomed to driving growth within an organization. He/she will bring strategic-thinking capabilities, strategy development expertise, hands-on marketing expertise in a vertical market environment and proven operational experience.
The role will be based in the company’s Peachtree City, headquarters location.
The VP of Marketing will lead the development and deployment of a clear strategy for Revenue Growth and Margin Expansion outpacing the market and peer performance. Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead segmentation of end markets by defining target segments for profitable growth and identifying corporate account targets within market segments.
• Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues to be addressed.
• Drive best-in-class marketing & strategy disciplines; create common tools and metrics.
• Reposition and transform the Strategic Marketing Team within from a tactical group to a strategic partner. Own Brand and Promotional Strategy, including Voice of the Customer and digital positioning.
• Lead the analytics team and should have expertise in developing customer journeys utilizing analytical tools and effective data presentment.
• Drive strategy for participation in Industry Affairs. Identifying, developing and monitoring industry events and activities prioritize company participation, determine messaging and strategy. Personally participate in conferences and associations on behalf of the company.
• Develop strategies and approaches to incorporate and integrate future acquisitions under the brand.
• Ensure new offerings are developed/delivered on time to meet customer specifications and business goals. Develop and refine value propositions to enable value selling and margin expansion of new offerings.
• Drive competitive and pricing analysis/implementation for the company. Identify and develop the analytical tools required.
• Understand the market and competitive dynamics and implications, including social and economic trends. Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data. Analyze current and future market trends.
• Partner with Executive Management to develop the strategic plan, with a focus on improving the company’s marketing orientation. Ensure alignment of the Strategy with the overall Corporate Strategy.
• Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
• Clarify and build unique selling identities and value propositions for an individual product, service, and/or business units.
• Evaluate the brand in an analytical, data-driven way to understand the key brand equities and attributes that drive revenue and performance, while also being able to explain them in easy to understand terms.
• Drive cohesive marketing communications strategy across all aspects of the business while also reflecting the unique requirements of specific regions, clients, and business units.
• BA/BS/MBA or post-secondary education degree in related business, marketing, finance, or public relations
• Experience leading and developing a modern digital presence.
• Capable of leading an Analytics team including digital scientists.
• 10-15+ years of experience as a marketing leader, within a B2B or consulting business, preferably in the Utilities or adjacent industries.
• Experience evaluating and recalibrating the direction, scope of work, key functions, deliverables, structure and skills of a high-performing marketing team.
• Strong financial and business acumen coupled with experience establishing and monitoring key performance and process indicators.
• Possess knowledge of cross-functional operations and how functions should work together to deliver on customer needs.
• Exceptional communication skills and executive presentation experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or Engineering required.
• M.B.A. is preferred
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.