Would leading a high-performance global product marketing team for a fast-growing, international, pre-IPO company pique your interest?
MarketPro, a marketing executive search firm, has partnered with a top and growing software company in Atlanta building award-winning, innovative SaaS solutions that enable manufacturers to accelerate their journeys to PaaS by optimizing the performance of their service operations and maximizing the up-time of the products they sell.
Our client is enabling the world’s most respected manufacturers to create economic, operational and environmental value by capitalizing on a major market disruption. Leading manufacturing brands around the world are shifting from selling products to selling Product-as-a-Service (PaaS)—a digital transformation also known as servitization—and this company is at the forefront of this massive shift.
Headquartered in Stockholm, this is truly a global company with a fast-growing customer list that reads like the who’s who of the most respected manufacturing brands, including Mazda, Hitachi, JCB, Volvo, Kubota, Kawasaki and many others.
We are in search of an exceptional product marketing leader to take the go-to-market process to the next level of sophistication and performance. As a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team and the “go-to-market” ecosystem, the Product Marketing Director will be responsible for driving and leading all product marketing activities.
This high impact role is responsible for developing a keen understanding of target markets, customer needs, trends, buying behaviors and competitive offerings and partnering with our product, marketing and sales teams to develop and execute an industry leading go-to-market process that maximizes annual contract value (ACV) and market penetration.
The prime candidate for this critical role will have extensive cloud native, product marketing and people leadership experience.
• Lead a high-performance team of product marketers and researchers to develop and execute an industry-leading product go-to-market process.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of emerging market trends and opportunities, customer needs and buyer behavior, and translate them into product requirements and product road-map priorities.
• Develop clear and compelling product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate our award-winning products from the competition.
• Serve as an evangelist and subject matter expert on the Service Cloud at internal and external events.
• Perform strategic market analysis to include target addressable market (TAM) analysis, win/loss, and competitive analysis.
• Develop market-driven business cases for new products and modules.
• Build productive relationships with key influencers to include industry analysts, academics, management consultants and customers.
• Create sales content including presentations, messaging and positioning guides, competitive insight, market research, etc.
• Demonstrate thought leadership by creating content such as whitepapers and blogs, engaging with analysts and attending industry councils
• Conduct sales training and participate in sales engagements to ensure successful messaging and positioning solutions
• Work closely with product management to communicate market requirements and competitive intelligence and stay in-tune with the road-maps of those products supporting the solution
• Gather and maintain intelligence about key competitors and develop messaging on how to successfully compete against them
• 15+ years of product marketing and product strategy experience with 5+ years people management experience and a minimum of 3+ years at director level.
• Entrepreneurial and innovative leader with a strategic mindset.
• Extensive experience developing and executing SaaS go-to-market processes.
• Knowledgeable in technology, experience with Enterprise software, Cloud and SaaS.
• Strong history of leading and executing solutions marketing strategies and plans including building market-driven business cases, creating compelling messaging materials, developing and executing product go-to-market plans.
• Proven ability to lead market and competitive analysis to include sizing of target addressable market (TAM)
• Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
• International product marketing experience.
• Experience in public speaking and working with press and analysts.
• Ability to translate complex problems and solutions into simple, intuitive and compelling marketing and sales materials.
• Trained, versed, and a practitioner in product and solution marketing methodologies.
• Ability to travel up to 25 percent.
What You Can Expect from Us
• The opportunity to be part of something big, something that matters and something bigger than yourself by helping the world’s leading manufacturers transform from selling product to selling Product-as-a-Service (PaaS), which creates significant financial operational and environmental value.
• The pace and excitement of working for a truly global, fast growing company in a fun, passionate and collaborative workplace.
• The opportunity to be surrounded by smart, motivated and enthusiastic team members who are passionate about pushing each other to do their very best work possible.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.