MarketPro, an marketing recruitment firm, has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer in search of a Senior Product Manager to join their fast-growing product team in Sterling, IL (full relocation is available). This global organization has been around for years and is still family-owned and operated.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will meet high level goals to maximize sales and profitability as well as develop new market opportunities with new products. You will focus on transforming the product line to become the preferred choice for customers. You will be involved in all phases of product development from idealization to partnering with engineering and design to build great products. This is your chance to be a part of a top-notch product team working on first of its kind high quality products.
• Responsible for insuring a deep understanding of the consumer for North America Consumer Division.
• Develop deep market understanding through engagement with customers and industry thought leaders.
• Evangelize product direction and benefits to external audiences, including customers and future customers.
• Accelerate go-to-market strategy and effectiveness.
• Make strategic choices on product and commercial innovations.
• Develop and manage product line business plans
• Create business case to support growth strategy.
• Develop strategic assessments for products.
• Apply consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of consumer, customer and competitive environment.
• Determine new market opportunities / opportunities for growth.
• Manages the product life cycle management from NPD through obsolescence.
• Leads product development and leads a cross functional team to insure timely introduction of high quality products.
• Has deep understanding of the Consumer through various forms of research, such as ethnographic/ psychographic research, online surveys, observational research, interviews, focus groups, product testing groups, etc. Must understand how to conduct the research, analyze results and create actionable outcomes.
• Understands the market beyond the consumer both retail customers and competitors to better position products to achieve success in the environment in which they are sold.
• Works proficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment. Meets aggressive deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field
• 3+ years of durable, Consumer Packaged Goods experience required
• Pragmatic marketing and / or Sirius Decisions experience preferred
• Strong research capabilities and able to analyze POS data (Nielson, IRI, and NPD)
• Microsoft office skills with strong emphasis on Excel and Power Point
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to influence
• Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
• Ability to model the Company’s values of respect for people, teamwork, and continuous improvement
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.