MarketPro has partnered with the largest specialized healthcare center in America. Currently, the organization is in search of a District Sales Manager in Chicago, Illinois. The District Manager will support a team of Medical Liaisons by training, coaching, evaluating, and developing the team to achieve and surpass outlined growth objectives. The role will analyze referral data, market intelligence, and other information sources to position and deploy strategies and resources for efficient referral growth.
This role requires an individual that is goal oriented and has the ability to set plans, forecast, and directly lead, coach, and motivate team members, individually and collectively, to maximize results in a team environment. They must have the ability to creatively problem solve and quickly evolve strategies and work flows to maximize Medical Liaison performance and referral/consult growth.
- Selects, on-boards, trains and manages Medical Liaisons on team
- Coaches and motivates Medical Liaisons to achieve and surpass outlined growth goals.
- Responsible for team performance and the development and retention of top talent
- Partners with each Medical Liaison to create sales plans to achieve/exceed growth goals
- Partners with Operations, Training, and Director to develop, implement, and evolve training program for Medical Liaisons
- Ensures that all team members effectively and consistently navigate the referral relationship funnel/sales cycle
- Creates transparent and clear communications/messaging strategy for each designated territory and ensures effective deployment via Medical Liaison team
- Actively participates in development of annual, quarterly, and monthly growth objectives and partners closely with Medical Liaisons to determine the portfolio of referrals that can earned from targeted physicians/practices
- Leverages data to analyze and evaluate effectiveness of strategies and team’s/team member performance against outlined budgets/objectives
- Partnering with Director, sets annual, quarterly, and monthly financial budgets for each territory and directly manages budget for assigned territory
- Prepares activity and performance reports to be distributed to Leadership
- Monitors and reports market and competitor information
- Develops and reports financial/budget performance
- Partners with internal and external physicians to understand the motivations and needs that serve as accelerants or barriers to referral growth and identifies opportunities to eliminate barriers and capitalize on strengths
- Partners with Marketing and Operational leadership on workflow improvements and implements new team member assignments to ensure appropriate infrastructure is in place to support successful referral growth
- Shares best practices and program enhancements to accelerate the evolution of all referrals.
- BS/BA degree required
- 5+ years in pharmaceutical, medical, or healthcare Referral Development/Sales with demonstrated success
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical, medical, or healthcare sales management experience required, with a proven record of meeting/exceeding goal objectives
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, including political, economic, and competitive market factors that impact growth opportunities
- Experience with budgeting, reporting, and data analysis
- Ability to recruit, retain and develop highest quality staff ; ability to manage turnover and vacancy process
- Demonstrated ability to utilize market data and field intelligence to uncover and capitalize on new market opportunities and achieve sustained referral growth by navigating the referral relationship funnel/sales cycle
- Experience with a high quality consumer brand
- Knowledge of the healthcare regulatory environment. Ability to understand and comply with all regulatory requirements of position, including HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and Stark Laws
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM systems / Salesforce
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a full-time direct hire.