MarketPro has partnered with a large strategic and technical advisory organization, that helps hundreds of companies outthink, outpace, and outperform the competition, in search of a Marketing Procurement Specialist (MPS). MPS would be responsible for strategic sourcing execution and project management across several key markets through cooperation with global, regional, and/or local sourcing professionals in a matrix organization, leveraging a Supply Strategy Council (SSC) framework.
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform sourcing execution, data collection, project management, and timeline creation by aligning with the global category lead using the Sourcing Management Process (SMP) and establishing an aligned Sourcing Category Strategy. Ongoing responsibilities of this role will be focused on achieving/exceeding a strategy that will support global efforts associated with the categories in scope.
- Implementation of tactical planning, time line development, contract review, spend assessments, and business requirement needs that would be directly linked to a strategy created during the course of SMP. Develop, rollout, manage, and successful execution of RFIs/RFPs pursuant to supplier selection aligned with strategic goals; process re-engineering in cooperation with the business pursuant to modify or create processes in connection with strategic goals; dialogue and meetings with SSC matrix organization in connection with execution of strategic goals; others that are directly linked with execution of strategic goals.
- Creating a project charter of key initiatives, action items, status, and reporting back to Global Category lead and SSC council on updates and next steps
- Communication plan with both SSC council and identified business partners on current status and opportunities for ongoing action items to be complete
Supplier management (SRM):
- Implementation of reporting associated with performance of key strategic suppliers across the global landscape. Establish in conjunction with Global Category lead, supplier scorecards or reporting to monitor performance and meet business key metrics.
- Play key role with communication of RFP specifications, key dates, material requirements, and follow up questions with all agencies participating in RFP or strategy conversations.
Critical to success relationships:
- With Procurement Colleagues: Participates in teams of global, regional & local representatives in the SSC matrix to implement strategic source plans as well as to ensure alignment on key initiatives and priorities for outlined creative services. Act as a member of the team willing to carry out the mission and ensure that input from all members is taken into account.
- With Business Partners: Engages and partners with critical stakeholders to define and meet/exceed business requirements related to the strategy outlined.
- With Agencies: Interact with Global, International, and Enterprise agencies in pursue of key agency performance metrics against business requirements; Act as a representative of the Corporation with a relentless drive to ensure the client is using Agencies’ core competencies, provide a fair opportunity for sustainable growth, and optimize their spend.
- Has an Innovative mindset to look at status quo and propose opportunities for further process improvement, cost impact, and future state efficiencies
- Have the ability agile and adaptable to business and SSC needs.
Process, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Market Knowledge:
- Proactive Cost and Cash Flow Management: Contributes to cost control, cost reduction, and cost containment and cash flow targets, and adds value to area of expenditure through a strong TCO orientation and process management.
- Market Knowledge and Insight: Uses market knowledge and data analysis to gain critical insights that inform the execution of Sourcing Strategies and continuous improvement activities. Actively participates in relevant industry conferences and events as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Marketing, Business or related field strongly preferred.
- MBA or advanced degree and/or relevant certification desirable but not a must.
- 4 years of experience in strategic sourcing or related role.
- Previous Marketing/Advertising/Digital agency experience highly desirable.
- Experience in international business or management consulting also desirable.
- Knowledge of Procurement related business processes.
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Collaborative nature – able to connect and get things done across the organization
- Ability to make rapid disciplined decisions & prioritize work
- Customer focused
- High level of analytical and rational thinking. Cultural awareness and sensitivity required.
posted by Melissa Van Rossum
This is a contract-to-hire position.