MarketPro has partnered with one of the nation’s top private health science institutions to hire their next Social Media Specialist. This person will be in charge of managing the website and all social media platform. Client is seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working individuals that can help take marketing to the next level.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a multi-disciplinary team and leads the development and delivery of dynamic and timely content through its various websites, social media sites, and mobile presence; leveraging a full range of digital tools that include search engine optimization (SEO) and advanced analytics. The Specialist is responsible for day-to-day content development, coordination, and deployment upon the approval of his/her Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary project manager of the Organization’s websites, responsible for the management of content and ongoing development of each website according to a plan based on the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Manage the website design, features, navigation, and content along with the website consultant, service provider and IT department.
- Research, write and edit media releases, feature articles, advertisements and web content (images, copy, video, and others) in proper formats that are accurate and compelling, following the organization style guide.
- Responsible for working with multiple departments to maintain the organization’s brand, ensure marketing and communications efforts have compelling content, consistent visual design, incorporating new media.
- Incorporate website skills including usability, graphics design, search engine optimization (SEO), website features, systems analysis and design, database design, and content management system into continuing website development.
- Assures changes and updates for overall website (s) accessibility and usability improvements are implemented.
- Maintain website metrics and statistics; monitor and benchmark latest trends in new media within higher education and healthcare institutions.
- Create a comprehensive social media strategy to define Organization endeavors and programs utilizing social media marketing/advertising techniques and campaigns to increase visibility for both enrollment of prospective students as well as an increase in patient encounters for the clinical facilities
- Manage Organization’s social media sites including but not limited to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn in addition to media that is trending.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the use of social media at the Organization and across the clinical facilities
- Measure and analyze the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, graphic design, or related field or equivalent training and experience
- 2-5 years progressive experience in website management, writing and editing.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills; excellent knowledge of grammar- and style-related conventions; copy and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write copy for web and digital media. Prior experience as an organization’s webmaster, having significant development, maintenance, and content management system experience.
- Proficiency in website platforms, desktop publishing or creative software, project management software and other forms of digital media.
- Basic photography skills.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the planning and execution of marketing activities and materials.
This is a full-time direct hire.