Can you re-imagine the customer journey based on what is possible in today’s digital world?
Can you lead the organization through the change?
MarketPro has partnered with one of the fastest growing brands in the fast casual segment to engage in a marketing executive search. We are searching for a cutting edge digital marketer and technology evangelist who has their feet firmly planted in reality. The Vice President of Digital Marketing & Technology will join a growing organization in the first class city of Atlanta, GA.
This privately held, high growth organization is on the right side of healthy eating. They have great products, great marketing and now need a technologist who understands how digital is impacting the customer experience.
The VP, Digital Marketing & Technology will lead a marketing team that is responsible for defining the digital vision to best create 1 to 1 relationships with our customers meeting their current needs and establishing the future state experiences for the customer experience.
You will lead the digital team and be a thought leader in digital technology and applications, user experience, customer journey and loyalty programs. You will also steward and track resources against digital initiatives, lead the organization by tracking key metrics, and demonstrating progress against goals. This leader will be focused on driving customer engagement while building long-term brand value, cast a strong vision, and drive accountability with team members, agencies and partners to maximize deliverables and ROI.
Vision/digital road map
- Establish a multi-year prioritized road map to develop guest-facing channels to maximize guest experience/journey and in-restaurant/brand experience initiatives
- Develop an interactive marketing strategy for application across all digital platforms that delivers the right message to a specific customer at the optimal time on the right device
- Ensure that the customer journey is engaging, seamless across devices, and effective in translating touchpoints into an immersive experience resulting in transactions
- Department head responsible for leading breakthrough digital executions to deliver best-in class user experiences across customer facing ordering channels website, responsive mobile web, mobile apps, and future channels to maximize revenue for digital commerce business
- Responsible for managing and activating the brand across all digital platforms, shifting visitors from customers to brand advocates
- Actively lead agency partners to translate business objectives into digital communication plans that include both paid, unpaid and earned/buzz media tactics
- Maximize investment in all internal and external resources to carry out execution of the vision
- Help define the “brand of the future” combining breakthrough technology in all customer touchpoints and brand experiences
Cross Functional Leadership
- In conjunction with the Sr. Director, Marketing, define content strategy for web, app, social and digital advertising channels
- Partner with IT to ensure that appropriate emerging technology is planned for and applied to achieve UX and business objectives
- Strong presentation skills to sell the technology vision to senior management and board members
- Proactively seek new and innovative uses of digital technology to reach our target audience that is relevant and gets the brand into the conversation
- Create and direct the company’s digital strategy: social, email marketing, PPC, SEO, web analytics data feed/API aggregation, IT integration, website and app
- Provide scalable platforms for future digital growth
- Digital strategies include but are not limited to display banner advertising (Rich Media & Flash), micro-site, affiliate marketing, media strategy, search engine marketing, SEO, e-mail marketing, conversation marketing and customer acquisition
- Integrate technology into the café experience through the app, digital menu boards, beacons, and other means as needed
- Create, implement and manage an effective loyalty program and customer retention strategy that will maximize the lifetime value of the customer and minimize churn
- Analyze customer data to develop retention programs; measure and adjust programs by customer behavior and response
- Design value generating and protecting campaigns and propositions to drive value from the customer base
- Work closely with research and analytics to develop a highly segmented and targeted CRM strategy
- The individual selected will be an innovative leader who consistently understands the future needs of the customer and the organization
- This leader will need to be able to work in a complex franchise environment, demonstrate a nimble approach to budget management and have a strong passion for leadership and coaching
- Demonstrate servant leadership with franchisees, employees, and partners
- Determine effective metrics to measure the impact of marketing technology on sales and profitability
- Create a marketing dashboard with meaningful and updated information
- Lead digital agencies as needed to drive technology roadmap
- Develop key marketing platforms like CRM, marketing automation, and social media management to extend system media and communications capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field required. MBA a plus
- This role requires at least 15 years of experience in marketing, media and/or digital marketing industries with retail, foodservice and/or franchise experience
- 8+ years experience in a Marketing Leadership role
- Experience managing paid and organic search campaigns using Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Google AdWords, and Bing Ads
- Thorough knowledge of web-based technologies, B2C mobile shopping, SEO, PPC, Analytics, ROI Analysis, digital marketing, email marketing, etc
- Fully utilize traditional and non-traditional digital marketing approaches to create buzz and brand recognition within the target markets
- Strong preference to have some client-side experience
- Technical knowledge to bridge the gap between UX designers and IT programmers and vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and externally
- Effective time management skills with strong organization and prioritization
- Strong computer literacy and/or ability and desire to advance technically
This is a full-time direct hire.